DVDVR Message Board

Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2017

Gonzo

Well, it's getting to be that time of year, as we're about three weeks from videos of watching people trample each other at the local Wal-Mart to save money on a television.

Some of the ads are starting to leak. I put this here because I think people mostly care about video game/electronics deals, but if the mods want to move it to another section, that's understandable.

The first big ad to leak appears to be from Costco, which will have $80 off an XBox One bundle (w/two controllers), $100 off a 1 TB PS4 (w/one controller).

According to the Black Friday Ads page, most of the leaks will likely happen over the weekend or the early portion of next week.

I might have to go to Costco and get those 64 GB microSD cards for my Switch.

Honestly, I don't need another console, but a two hundred dollar XBO would be worth it if they made enough of my favorite OG Xbox and 360 games compatible. I don't think I'd even play anything actually new on it except for maybe Crackdown when that comes out. Maybe Sunset Overdrive too. 

On 11/2/2017 at 3:09 PM, supremebve said:

This week Target has my favorite videogame sale of the year.  Buy 2 get 1 free.  The only issue I have this year is that it excludes Switch games and it is a couple weeks before Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2.

i worked at Target for a number of years. Buy a game that is the same price as Lego Marvel 2 will be, and in two weeks exchange it. Have never run into somebody that wouldn't honor that. save your receipt.

edit:

just realized that it is Sunday and that promotion is over. sorry.

18 hours ago, twiztor said:

i worked at Target for a number of years. Buy a game that is the same price as Lego Marvel 2 will be, and in two weeks exchange it. Have never run into somebody that wouldn't honor that. save your receipt.

edit:

just realized that it is Sunday and that promotion is over. sorry.

I worked for Target for almost a decade.  I started as a cart attendant and ended up in management...I know ALL the tricks. It's been 10 years since I've worked there, but there are probably 5 Targets in the area where I know half the people who work in the store.