DVDVR Message Board

NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

Dolfan in NYC

Dain was awesome in the WAR GAMES. Him telling that sissy Adam Cole he was about to kill his friend and Cole not trying to help was amazing.

Not having a lid on the cage didn't bother me. I liked that they stated anyone who leaves the cage forfeits the match. Camera work could have been better.

Ember Moon winning the women's title and then having someone she could not beat present her the belt felt a tiny bit better than the AWA giving Nick Bockwinkel the belt after Verne Gagne retired, but not by much. I feel Peyton winning, or maybe Sane winning, leading to a jealous Ember Moon heel turn would have been better options, but I understand them not wanting to give the belt to Sane right away.

Velveteen Dream-Allister Black was awesome. Put over the story of "say my name!" perfectly, babyface gets the win, but shows respect to the heel who might be turned babyface by the crowd. Loved it.

Liked Lars-Ohno as well. Title match was okay, but I fear that Almas will have to drop the title to Cole or Strong.

54 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

The crowd wasn't hot for the pinfall finish either though IIRC. And there are ways of putting the spotlight on a submission/surrender spot that makes it pretty obvious. I've never been fond of the mic usage in I Quit marches but that could be an option. 

I loved the live mic in the magnum/Tully match when they used it as a weapon and the thump went out over the speakers.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I loved the live mic in the magnum/Tully match when they used it as a weapon and the thump went out over the speakers.

As I was typing that, I thought of that as perhaps the lone exception.

Finally watched this last night.

Holy shit was Velveteen Dream v Black fantastic.

Killain Dain was immense.

I really enjoyed the show from top to bottom.  Only gripe is that I don't think Ember Moon should have won, I would've had Nikki Cross win, but thats minor.

I've never been a fan of Drew McIntyre, but that title match was great.

• RIPPA unpinned this topic