DVDVR Message Board

NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

Dolfan in NYC

I think they went with KISS; it's a hell lot less hassle and opens up more moves to be attempted.

I remember the old Wargames cage, you often saw wrestlers just grabbed the roof for assist kicks, the innovation was limited to slingshotting between the rings and general stuff done in the gap between the rings.

So we aren't going to gasp at the awesomeness of Ohno vs Sullivan.  Just give them 8 minutes of stiffing each other and I am all in  :o

I liked that they decided that Peyton Royce should be the wrestler in the Iconic group.  While Billie Kay might have the character better down, she is rather average in the ring.  Peyton is really good and could be a credible champion

9 hours ago, hammerva said:

I liked that they decided that Peyton Royce should be the wrestler in the Iconic group.  While Billie Kay might have the character better down, she is rather average in the ring.  Peyton is really good and could be a credible champion

It does seem like Peyton has surpassed Billie now. Really liked the last Peyton/Asuka match. Surprised me because Billie had a few of my all time favorite Shimmer matches way back in 2010 and I thought she'd easily be a big star for WWE but she hasn't really had that kind of breakout performance yet.

2 rings will make this show unique enough. The roof thing doesn't bother me at all. I am excited to see what the NXT women do with 2 rings. 

Also, Lars should squash Ohno in 5 minutes if they want to build him up the right way. Lars should start a Goldberg streak at this show.

• Like 1

Count me in for not caring about there being no roof, but thinking that winning by pinfall is bullshit.

SUBMIT OR SURRENDER MOTHERFUCKERS. Brothers need to be handcuffed to the ropes or the cage while they watch their friend get shitkicked until surrendering or they have to surrender for them. THAT'S THE DRAMA IN WARGAMES, THE MOTHERFUCKING MATCH BEYOND. When you have to surrender to the other team to prevent your partner from being hurt is when shit gets real. Winning by pinfall?! No, fuck all that.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, quackhell said:

No roof robs me of the image I had in my head of a feral Nikki Cross climbing up and trying to find a way in the cage to get in on the carnage.

Add me to the hating the pinfalls stip and hoping they book a classic War Games finish. 

Yeah, but this still means Nikki Cross is going to beat down someone.

• Like 3

I can see it now. A trickle of blood on his forehead. Referee Drake Younger stops 9 guys from doing highspots while he slowly puts on his latex gloves. The crowd chanting Fight Forever! 

Just like the good ol days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Going to this show. Haven't seen NXT in months. Excited to see Eric Young. And the kid in me is so stoked to see War Games. But mostly?

THE FUCKING THEME SONG IS FUCKING POWER TRIP THE GREATEST METAL BAND ON THE PLANET. Literally the single best WWE theme in the company's history. Watching the last episode of NXT and they had clips of a bloody Flair and shit scored to Executioner's Axe and I haven't so viscerally marked out to wrestling solely because of music since RVD coming out to Pantera.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

So who is the going to be the Takeover surprise debut this show?   I doubt it is Richocet even if he actually shows up to the WWE.  Could this be the debut of Donovan Dijak as a member of the Undisputed Era?

I don't think there will be one. I'm calling Roderick Strong turning and joining the Undisputed Era.