DVDVR Message Board

NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

Dolfan in NYC

This is in a couple of weeks, so let's get the thread started.

Spoiler

WARGAMES MATCH - Roderick Strong & The Authors of Pain vs. SAni†Y vs. The Undisputed Era

For the NXT Championship - Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Andrade 'Cien' Almas (w/Zelina Vega)

Fatal-4 Way For the Vacant NXT Women's Championship -  Ember Moon vs. Kairi Sane vs. Nikki Cross vs. Peyton Royce (with Billie Kay)

Aleister Black vs. The Velveteen Dream

Kassius Ohno vs. Lars Sullivan

According to PWInsider, this is how the WarGames match will be set up:

All three teams will be contained inside separate shark cages by the entrance way, with a member from each team (as chosen by his respective squad) starting the match.

After five minutes, the remaining members from one team will be released from their shark cage and allowed to enter the match.

When another three-minute period elapses, the remaining members from a second team are released from their shark cage and enter the match.

Following another three-minute period, the final team’s members are released from their shark cage and enter the match.

Once all three teams have entered the WarGames Match, a victory can be attained via pinfall or submission.

Unless it's a timing issue I can't understand why they'd do that.  It takes a lot of the drama out of the match by not releasing one person at a time.  Instead of waiting three minutes it could be two and it wouldn't have added too much time to the match.  But other than that I'm still excited for the match.

This is basically WarGames Turbo. Since they went with 3 teams instead of 2, I'm fine with this. Of course, I'm going to be really annoyed if Sanity and the AoP/Roddy team decide to send in Roddy and EY first. Each of those teams should send in their tanks first while UE's first entrant just runs around avoiding damage the whole time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Roddy's turning heel and joining Undisputed Era during the match, isn't he?

I don't mind the changes to the rules, but the only issue I have with this whole business is that they should have spent more time playing up Roddy's history with the UE and playing "will he join them or not?"

I don't see Roddy turning heel, unless it's to make him the leader of the group - which I don't see  happening with Adam Cole (bay bay) as the talker. I think there's a story of Roddy as the Tommy Dreamer of NXT, the plucky babyface who always falls short.

3 minutes ago, Hagan said:

I don't see Roddy turning heel, unless it's to make him the leader of the group - which I don't see  happening with Adam Cole (bay bay) as the talker. I think there's a story of Roddy as the Tommy Dreamer of NXT, the plucky babyface who always falls short.

Oh, you mean the Being Sami Zayn championship. Sorry, Johnny Wrestling is that current title holder.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Seems like they're setting up Johnny Gargano for this role.

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh, you mean the Being Sami Zayn championship. Sorry, Johnny Wrestling is that current title holder.

Oh, I know but I would 100% have Gargano win the NXT title at 'mania weekend. Also Johnny had his crowning moment of glory when DIY beat the Revival.  Roddy should NEVER win. He should be cutting promos about his wife and baby and his trailer park whilst weeping for like five more years after he keeps losing big matches. 

• Like 1

No, see Roddy is the perfect candidate to say "I didn't sell out, I bought in!" He's got this wife and this kid to support and playing things fair and nice got him nowhere. He's got a family to support and he's going to do that and get to the top by any means necessary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raziel403 said:

Did Vince but stock in a Shark Cage company when no one was paying attention?

It's their deal with Mattel for the whole Shark Cage playset thing that came out awhile ago. They're still using them/pushing them.

7 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Wow, those rules are stupid. You can win by pinfall? That's lame af.

I hate to break it to you, but no one's going to bleed either (at least not on purpose.)  I'm not a huge fan of the rules either, but I get it.  Honestly, Adam Cole's scared as shit "I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS!" face sold me on the match more than anything else.  It may not be a classic, but I think it should at least be really fun.