DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] NOV 2017 DISCUSSION

Rev Ray

47 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

The big snub to me on the NXT list is Neville. He was very important keeping the main event scene stable during the early network days before the wave of peak-day stars arrived and guys like Brodus Clay and Titus O'Niell were major players. I'd go Sami/Sasha as my 1/2, for what it's worth.

Actually, he's on the list at number 14.

And Cesaro definitely deserves to be on the list.  His matches with Sami were one of the main reasons people started watching NXT more and it led to people like Balor and others feeling confident in wanting to join.

50 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

The big snub to me on the NXT list is Neville. He was very important keeping the main event scene stable during the early network days before the wave of peak-day stars arrived and guys like Brodus Clay and Titus O'Niell were major players. I'd go Sami/Sasha as my 1/2, for what it's worth.

I mean, he was 14th. But yeah, Neville was a big part of NXT for a long while.

Standard post PPV show with recaps and a few good matches.

The most notable thing to me was Kayla Braxton as the interviewer, she wasn't the typical WWE drone in those segments, more like a balance between a backstage person at an awards show and a legit sports style reporter. It was probably due to nature of the segments but WWE should do more stuff like that on TV instead of the standard they use.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peck said:

Anyone seen any advertised lineups for the Road Swing this weekend?  Odd that the website doesn’t list any talent for either of the three shows. 

Well, here’s one answer:

They should probably just put McIntyre on Raw or SD when he comes back. He would be a good surprise return in the Andre battle royal.

It'll be interesting to see what direction they take with the title now. Almas is good, but doesn't feel like a long-term champ, plus you've got the Undisputed Era sitting at the top of the card, and they kind of need the "all the belts" gimmick, cliche as it may be. They should probably start rehabbing Gargano now so they can complete his redemption arc at WM weekend. I think Adam Cole is guy you want holding the belt in that spot, someone who can really needle Gargano about not being able to win the big one and has tons of dirty heel tricks to overcome.

For those that have been to the Florida house shows, what type of cards do they normally run if there's not a traveling weekend loop?  In the sense of TV folks/non-TV folks.

I'm going to be in Orlando in early February for non-wrestling related stuff but decided to grab a front row ticket to the Dade City show on 2/8(only $20!)

Based on WWE's website - the matches that will air on tonight's NXT are

• Kairi Sane vs. Peyton Royce
  • Street Profits vs. Riddick Moss/Tino Sabbatelli
  • Pete Dunne/Mystery Partner vs. Trent Seven/Tyler Bate