DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] NOV 2017 DISCUSSION

Rev Ray

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - its where they got Patrick Clark (Velveteen Dream) and Mandy Sacs from

It more shows again that letting wrestling fans vote for things is idiotic

Also, as I recall, Paige put Clark up for possible vote-off because she thought he needed to be taken down a peg.

No one will ever accuse that woman of making sound decisions.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - its where they got Patrick Clark (Velveteen Dream) and Mandy Sacs from

It more shows again that letting wrestling fans vote for things is idiotic

Chelsea Green (someone in TNA) was in Tough Enough too, wasn't she?

7 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Chelsea Green (someone in TNA) was in Tough Enough too, wasn't she?

Yeah - she was brought in as a replacement for the girl who quit

God its been awhile since that show was on but I think - THINK - she got screwed (ie: eliminated) because Miz saved someone (Mandy????) because they were hot

OH! I totally forgot that Sonya Deville (aka Daria Berenato) was on that show too

Gabi Castrovinci (who went by Raquel in TNA) was also on the season

And the WWE also signed that Mada dude but he asked for his release because he basically decided wrestling wasn't for him

Tough Enough and Diva searches have gotten them talent.  It just never seems that the people that win have much long term success in the business.  Right now the most successful winner has been Hennigan.  The most successful of the participants who didn't win has been the Miz.

2 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

Tough Enough and Diva searches have gotten them talent.  It just never seems that the people that win have much long term success in the business.  Right now the most successful winner has been Hennigan.  The most successful of the participants who didn't win has been the Miz.

The drop off is pretty quick though

Afer Morrison and Miz it is Ryback and Matt Morgan and then I guess Matt Cross and Ivelisse Vélez

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The drop off is pretty quick though

Afer Morrison and Miz it is Ryback and Matt Morgan and then I guess Matt Cross and Ivelisse Vélez

Kenny King was a Tough Enough alumni, and you could argue that a near 4 year main roster run puts Cameron ahead of Cross and Ivelisse

On 11/6/2017 at 4:04 PM, RIPPA said:

Yeah - she was brought in as a replacement for the girl who quit

God its been awhile since that show was on but I think - THINK - she got screwed (ie: eliminated) because Miz saved someone (Mandy????) because they were hot

I have far too good a memory of that show. Mada, Mandy, and ZZ were the nominees. Miz saved Mandy because she was hot. Bryan and Paige were like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING" but neither one of them was smart enough to save Mada (who everyone was decently high on) and because ZZ was popular with, let's be honest, other fat lazy slobs, he won the vote and Mada was gone. Chelsea was I think a week or two later.

On 11/8/2017 at 3:37 PM, Rev Ray said:

I mentioned this last week.  They do a good job of showing them the basics preparing them for a small crowd.  Unfortunately, the skills they don't teach them the skills to succeed at the top level.  There is a huge skill gap between NXT and WWE similar to NHL/AHL and MLB/AAA.  It is like two different skill sets.

An example is you are told to connect with the crowd and get over in NXT but try getting over when you are not supposed to get over at the WWE level, you will get in trouble.

Wins, losses, and booking matters at the NXT level.  When you get to Raw and Smackdown, throw it all out the window.

Went to the NXT show in Las Vegas last night and it was a lot of fun. Third NXT show I've been too. Good wrestling, they ran four of the five matches from TakeOver here. So that was cool. Adam Cole vs Roderick Strong, the Women's Fourway and Drew McIntyre vs Andrade "Cien" Almas were the best matches  of the night.

On 11/9/2017 at 2:52 PM, RIPPA said:

Ironically - while the reasoning somewhat flawed - Miz was right to keep Mandy and in hindsight, she clearly should have won

Also ironic, Mandy's looks was also the biggest detriment when it came to the fan votes. She seriously just looked way too good to be wrestling (flashbacks to 'diva' era probably contributed to this).

So NXT is being taped at Center Stage in Atlanta in January and February. I wonder if this is a test taping to leave Full Sail and take the tv show on the road or if ROH is running those two months in Georgia somewhere? Either way, I think Full sail should have a break so hopefully, when they come back the crowds are hotter.

7 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

So NXT is being taped at Center Stage in Atlanta in January and February. I wonder if this is a test taping to leave Full Sail and take the tv show on the road or if ROH is running those two months in Georgia somewhere? Either way, I think Full sail should have a break so hopefully, when they come back the crowds are hotter.

The last two years, they've done the January/February tapings at the UCF Arena.  Maybe they decided to try somewhere different. 

1 hour ago, Ramo2653 said:

Good point. I wonder if the school uses the arena for something else during that time, like the Chicago Bulls Circus road trip.

Apparently, January's show is because it's the second day of the school year, and the February tapings coincide with Full Sail's graduation (and that takes place in Full Sail Live.)