DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2017 ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

I always preferred the original "over the shoulder" Tombstone Undertaker used until 1994, but yeah, it took him a while to get it right and he was just murdering jobbers with it at first.  Probably should've spent some time before the show working that one out.

It took Kane quite a while before he could get it decent as well - I specifically remember him fucking up Ahmed Johnson's neck with it in '97, and I don't think Ahmed ever came back to WWE after that.  (Which could be considered a bonus, depending on your opinion of Mr. Wubba Jubba)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

It took Kane quite a while before he could get it decent as well - I specifically remember him fucking up Ahmed Johnson's neck with it in '97, and I don't think Ahmed ever came back to WWE after that.  (Which could be considered a bonus, depending on your opinion of Mr. Wubba Jubba)

Ahmed stuck around until early 98 - his last match with the company was at the same No Way Out PPV that RIPPA just posted a match from. He was reportedly fired for refusing to job to Kurrgan.

anigif_enhanced-1789-1415306677-14.gif

59 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Would you want to job to Kurrgan?

Kurrgan might be the only guy in WWE history who makes Ahmed look like Kenta Kobashi in the ring in comparison.

4 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Thought he refused to job to Chyna. Think Foley says this in his first book. Could be wrong. 

Foley might have said Ahmed didn't want to sell for her or something along those lines, but Chyna didn't work her first match for the company until six months after Ahmed was gone, so this seems unlikely. 

The timeframe would have been when Kurrgan was being pushed as a monster managed by Jackyl toward the end of the Truth Commission run, before the Oddities were introduced, so that makes a lot more sense.

ETA: Here's a mention of it from the Torch: www.pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Torch_Flashbacks_19/article_2939.shtml#.WgkFd8anHIU

23 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I always preferred the original "over the shoulder" Tombstone Undertaker used until 1994, but yeah, it took him a while to get it right and he was just murdering jobbers with it at first.  Probably should've spent some time before the show working that one out.

And on the opposite end of the spectrum, Kane hitting the tombstone on Linda.  There's "showing light" and there's "Linda's head and the floor were in different zipcodes."

17 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Ahmed stuck around until early 98 - his last match with the company was at the same No Way Out PPV that RIPPA just posted a match from. He was reportedly fired for refusing to job to Kurrgan.

Jesus Christ, who was going to be the one calling the match?  The one with a tenuous grasp of English, or Kurrgan?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

And on the opposite end of the spectrum, Kane hitting the tombstone on Linda.  There's "showing light" and there's "Linda's head and the floor were in different zipcodes."

I don't think you could've paid Glen Jacobs enough money to have Linda McMahon's head come anywhere near the ground on that Tombstone, and I don't blame him one goddamn bit.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Splitting up Blake and Murphy still boggles my mind and separating them from Alexa too. She added to them and they complemented each other as a team. They should just pair them up again and put them on the main roster as Alexa's goons. Boom tag team fodder and hapless goons to help make babyfaces look good by making Blake and Murphy look stupid. Plus they can do shit like launch Alexa onto people.

• Like 1