DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2017 ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, Sublime said:

Splitting up Blake and Murphy still boggles my mind and separating them from Alexa too. She added to them and they complemented each other as a team. They should just pair them up again and put them on the main roster as Alexa's goons. Boom tag team fodder and hapless goons to help make babyfaces look good by making Blake and Murphy look stupid. Plus they can do shit like launch Alexa onto people.

I agree, they had great chemistry but B&M were the focus of the act. Lady manager of male 'rasslers is a classic gimmick and full of great spots and angles. Male bodyguards of lady's champ looks good but there would not be much for them to do in a fed that frowns on men-on-women physicality. I still admire Mr. McMahon's mind for the business but will always regret his latter day aversion to managers.

- RAF

2 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

I agree, they had great chemistry but B&M were the focus of the act. Lady manager of male 'rasslers is a classic gimmick and full of great spots and angles. Male bodyguards of lady's champ looks good but there would not be much for them to do in a fed that frowns on men-on-women physicality. I still admire Mr. McMahon's mind for the business but will always regret his latter day aversion to managers.

- RAF

As if they were literally doing anything currently. Splitting killed their careers.

2 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

I don't believe Blake & Murphy were ever going to be more than Tony Garea types in NXT: give them a few runs as tag champs to establish them as more than enhancement talent...then use them to get future guys over.

They were awesome at being enhancement talent.  They don't have great offence but could feed and bump and could work some cut off spots pretty well.  They were effective as poor men's Heavenly Bodies with Bliss as their heater.  They would be great Rock 'n' Roll Express opponents.

• Like 1

Blake and Murphy will never be more than low card guys even as a tag team but if you're paying them use them for something and being ineffectual henchmen for Alexa for a while on the main roster wouldn't be the worst thing. The way I'm envisioning it is that they are truly bumbling henchmen who harm Alexa far more than they help. With the Becky/Ellsworth match they've shown that they're ok with women committing violence against men, so it would be interesting to see them as useless help who Asuka, Nia, Sasha, Bayley, Dana, Charlotte etc get to have moments where they can have moments of offense against these guys which would also help Alexa keep her title longer in that even though Blake and Murphy's antics never actually pay off for them Alexa could use those distractions for her advantage. Run that for a year then banish Blake and Murphy to Main Event.

1 hour ago, GetDown said:

4aefg8xj1zxz.gif

That match is a guilty pleasure of mine. Just so absurd. I remember there were a ton of lowblows during this ppv and there were 3 or 4 during this match alone. After Scott Steiner hit the last one, Tony S goes, "WCW is going to have to look at that move!" Giant taking 5 years to get to the top rope and then trying that dropkick. Then you had Buff Bagwell turning on Rick Steiner for the 8th time in like 2 months, walking out and then coming back to the match dressed in a suit and Bill Clinton mask for some reason. Hitting Rick with a slapjack, knocking out the ref and then realizing you need a ref for the pin so Buff tries to count the pin with the ref's hand but Rick keeps kicking out. Buff keeps stopping the count at two for some reason. THe whole thing was a giant clusterfuck but the fans popped for it and I enjoyed it.