DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

From BOOM's upcoming Asuka storyline. Has anyone actively read those books? Worth getting?

I got the book that had the first few issues.  I largely enjoyed it and need to get back into the series.  It's the only comic book I'll actually find the time to read because...well...wrestling bubble I guess.  But it's worth checking out.

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

But what if she goes to the bar and makes a whole plate full of tacos and keeps asking for more garlic bread throughout the meal? You gotta take in mind that salad bar is pretty wild. 

Killer Kowalski was Canadian as a mafucka. Trivia: he was also a very early vegetarian. There are stories of him visiting Hart House and making giant salads and drinking gallons of carrot juice. 

If I remember Da Meltz's obituary correctly, Killer only strayed once from the diet in 50+ years: at a diner where the chef (a fan) whipped up a huge bacon/ham/whatever omelette for him, and he went through the motions of enjoying it because he didn't want the guy to feel bad.

15 hours ago, romdam said:

Didn't H take the belt off of Rollins and give it to Owens?  Shouldn't there be a little animosity there?

Randy Savage once tried to murder Ricky Steamboat then chose to team with him at Survivor Series a year later.  Don't act like this kind of thing is anything new.  Not to mention the HHH/Rollins feud was boring as fuck.  I'm all for them acting like it didn't happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

HHH-Rollins at Mania would've been awesome if they would've edited about five minutes or so out of the middle of it.   The same problems happened with HHH's matches with Shawn Michaels - they went for these insanely complex epics but overthought it.  Pretty typical in the main event when you get to book your own shit, really.

Then again, if they had edited out stuff from Mania maybe it wouldn't have taken six days to complete the show.  I still don't think I've fully recovered from that marathon.  I've done 75-hour shows and I don't think they took as much out of me as WrestleMania did this year.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Randy Savage once tried to murder Ricky Steamboat then chose to team with him at Survivor Series a year later.  Don't act like this kind of thing is anything new.  Not to mention the HHH/Rollins feud was boring as fuck.  I'm all for them acting like it didn't happen.

That was them really hating Honky Tonk Man than being pals. 

In this case, Shield is desperate and HHH is a promoter covering a no show. 

On 11/10/2017 at 10:20 AM, romdam said:

Didn't H take the belt off of Rollins and give it to Owens?  Shouldn't there be a little animosity there?

I think Rollins cut a promo before the match to try to explain the logic-gap.