DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

51 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I was strictly a Mat Mania guy. 

I was sad to hear that the gimmick for Player Uno's ring name was not inspired by Mat Mania's Player 1.

Mania Challenge had superior mechanics (actual reversals, more moves) but Mat Mania had more characters.  Tough call.  I really enjoyed how, in some original translations, one character's name was "Insane Worrier."  Like yeah man, we've all been there, just crazy with apprehension.

I liked The Main Event a lot, too.  It had sweet collision detection where, for instance, your partner could get an opponent in a figure four and you could hit flying moves on the guy while he was in the hold to weaken him worse.  There was also a fun random spot where you'd fight to a double countout and the ref would just walk out, like, "fuck all this."  The match would only end with the fans counting the pin, but it would still be a DCO.  Looking back, it was probably  a glitch.  

Just a PSA...you can still play all three games Retro Uprising.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Since we're talking wrestling games and I'm going to a barcade that has it, how is WrestleWar?

It's cool. Graphics are pretty neat/unique for it's time. The only thing that was weird is the camera/view moved around a lot which was odd. Gameplay is OK, just the basic kick/punch, or walk up to your opponent then button mash after locking up. 

Plus I think there's knock-offs of Brody and Hansen so that covers any potential pitfall the games might have.