DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

This had to be noted elsewhere but Power Uti was arrested in Nigeria for killing his wife and faces the death penalty. If he is convicted and executed his African world title should go to Cliff Compton.

• Like 5

Just now, sabremike said:

This had to be noted elsewhere but Power Uti was arrested in Nigeria for killing his wife and faces the death penalty. If he is convicted and executed his African world title should go to Cliff Compton.

Compton and Luke Gallows should be co-champions.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I laughed aloud at this. I am a bad person (duh).

= RAF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

I was going to make a joke but couldn't bring myself to do it.  It's a pretty fucked up and sad situation.  Yet I can't deny being amused by the ensuing jokes.

5 hours ago, Victator said:

So guys, they are running Styles vs Nakamura on house shows. But don't worry, they added the Jinder Bender to make it a Triple Threat. 

Dude. 

I know you think the gag will work as long as you keep at it. And that’s a wonderful work ethic. But stop. It’s sad at this point.

• Like 3

HHH doing a job to Jinder in India to keep the title on AJ while giving Jinder the conquering hero moment would replace NXT and the Performance Center as HHH's biggest contribution to the company.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Now I want to see HHH go over clean in five minutes, just to see if they can trigger a riot.  If you're going to kill a town, murder it and burn it to the ground, I say.

I don't think I've ever rooted for HHH to pedigree someone into Bolivian (tm Mike Tyson) moreso than I would if he fought Jinder. 

• Like 5

This might have got posted in 2011, but what the hell. When dozens of scientists and other 'thought leaders' were asked by Edge.org "WHAT SCIENTIFIC CONCEPT WOULD IMPROVE EVERYBODY'S COGNITIVE TOOLKIT?", one answered: Kayfabe.

Were Kayfabe to become part of our toolkit for the twenty-first century, we would undoubtedly have an easier time understanding a world in which investigative journalism seems to have vanished and bitter corporate rivals cooperate on everything from joint ventures to lobbying efforts. Perhaps confusing battles between "freshwater" Chicago macro economists and Ivy league "Saltwater" theorists could be best understood as happening within a single "orthodox promotion" given that both groups suffered no injury from failing (equally) to predict the recent financial crisis. The decades old battle in theoretical physics over bragging rights between the "string" and "loop" camps would seem to be an even more significant example within the hard sciences of a collaborative intra-promotion rivalry given the apparent failure of both groups to produce a quantum theory of gravity.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Now I want to see HHH go over clean in five minutes, just to see if they can trigger a riot.  If you're going to kill a town, murder it and burn it to the ground, I say.

Five minutes? I want kick to the stomach, pedigree, 1-2-3.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2017 at 1:09 PM, sabremike said:

Has no clue who Uti was, so watched his match with Gallows...  Right up there with Flair/Steamboat

9 minutes ago, iowanole said:

Has no clue who Uti was, so watched his match with Gallows...  Right up there with Flair/Steamboat

Read the first Foley book for some fun stories about Uti when he did a tour of Africa.