DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Show has always been up front about retiring at the end of his deal (same with Mark Henry)

I truly think he is ready to move onto something else other than wrestling

That's a good question. It would probably depend on the kind of money they can give him but it seems like a lot of the older WWE guys have all said some form of they love working the house shows but don't like doing TV (I believe Show and Jericho have both said things along those lines) so it might be possible to get someone like Show to do some shows for NJPW since it's much more in-ring focus. Even if it was just for when they came to the US if he didn't want to fly to Japan (which can't be fun when you're his size) it could be good, even if it was just for him to be around for a while to put over Fale, and/or Elgin or Kitamura.

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Show has always been up front about retiring at the end of his deal (same with Mark Henry)

I truly think he is ready to move onto something else other than wrestling

There are no more mountains left for him to climb.  He's held every title there is in the US, but guys like that retire poorly.

If he's going to pass the proverbial torch, I'd rather see him hand it over to Bad Luck Fale in NJPW or Dijak in NXT rather than Roman fucking Reigns if I'm being honest with myself.

24 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

With his age and charisma what kind of work could Show realistically find for himself as a henchman in movies and television? He must have a window of a few more years where he could believable take on some of those roles. 

If he joined BC, he'd be resident icon and revered elder.  No way that Show would settle for Chase Owens stooge status.

I would lose my mind if he was made a member of the Tokyo Pimp faction.

• Like 1

I don’t want Big Show in the Bullet Club but I would like to see Show vs Elgin, vs Fale, and vs Ishii I think could be fun too. And also there’s the potential comedy to be had between Show and Yano or Show and Taguchi on opposite sides of Multi-Tag matches.

It would make sense for Big Show to retire and move on to acting or whatever he wants to do but I think there’s some more mileage left in the Big Show tank. Idk I think a year or two run with New Japan where Show does the US Shows and a hand full of big shows (ha) in Japan could be interesting. 

On second thought.  Show will probably retire well. 

He'll finally have all the time in the world to play Destiny 2.

He needs to get out while he's relatively mobile and has decent mental faculties and a good attitude about life.

Under no circumstances do I want to see him discuss his misspent life in a fucking depressing 30 For 30.

6 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Show seems to be past that point of misspent life in a depressing 30 for 30, he seems to have been smart with his money and from what I understand is happy with his homelife.

I see a lot of Crucible in his future.  Poor DVDVR PS4 Destiny 2 clan members.

By Mike Johnson on 2017-11-08 15:10:00
PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn were sent home from the Smackdown side of the ongoing WWE European tour following last night's taping in Manchester, England.

There are conflicting stories as to why this has happened floating around but multiple sources within WWE have confirmed the pair were sent back to the United States today.

• Like 1

Supposedly they were being "unprofessional," which makes zero kelvin sense as they are way way down the list of quote-unquote unprofessional workers. This screams "work."

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Sports Illustrated is reporting that they "went into business for themselves" on camera last night.

Umm...

Someone speculated it was Sami referring to  themselves as “men of honor” but obviously that’s just speculation. Who knows if that was just the script. 

Well that SI news just made my "caught fuckin" joke I sent my friends better.

I was going to say that they didn't even send the people home for almost crashing the goddamned plane years ago, but I think that plane was on the way home anyway.

Unless Vince is reacting to Jericho working WK and is going to freak out about any possible awknowledgment of possible competitors I doubt its due to the "men of honor" line but being that its Vince it is definitly in the realm of possibilities 

• Like 1