DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

6 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Yeah.  They want to hire Vince "Mexicans can't get ovah, bro" Russo to help.

Why wouldn't two racist pieces of shit hire an another racist piece of shit? 

If they can get a Japanese writer, we've got another Axis of Evil on our hands.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bazzil said:

Does anyone aside from Cody want this more than Omega/Bryan?

I'm cool with this if it means we get Omega/Pentagon. 

22 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Maybe Brie? Less chance of getting dragon suplexed off the top rope and onto your head in a match against Cody.

But Cody might land on your head while doing Cross Rhodes because every time he does the move it looks awkward AF and he often ends up landing almost skull-to-skull on it.

Cody needs a better flash finisher.  When Reno hits his finisher smoother than you...

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Cross posting from the podcast thread for those that don't read it

For you northwest folks like Mike and Marty, Tim Flowers is on the  Lance and Cyrus podcast this week. 

I think I'm the only person in the Northwest that *didn't* work with/for Flowers at some point in my career.

Someone can correct me on this but if Cody is putting up at least some of the money for this "All In" show, has been teasing a match between himself and Daniel Bryan for months now, and has likely talked to Bryan about this, is there anything to stop WWE from claiming tampering and putting things in legal limbo until that show has passed?  When it was a theoretical ROH-only show it seemed like it'd be harder to argue (although I think WWE might have tried it due to the trouble ROH gave them over Cole and Fish and the other guy) as Cody is just an employee but if Cody is now in essence the promoter... that feels like a potential legal problem.

4 hours ago, bazzil said:

Does anyone aside from Cody want this more than Omega/Bryan?

If you start with Omega/Bryan where do you go from there? If you do Cody/Bryan you have a big match in it being Bryan's return then you run another big match in Bryan/Omega. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, username said:

Someone can correct me on this but if Cody is putting up at least some of the money for this "All In" show, has been teasing a match between himself and Daniel Bryan for months now, and has likely talked to Bryan about this, is there anything to stop WWE from claiming tampering and putting things in legal limbo until that show has passed?  When it was a theoretical ROH-only show it seemed like it'd be harder to argue (although I think WWE might have tried it due to the trouble ROH gave them over Cole and Fish and the other guy) as Cody is just an employee but if Cody is now in essence the promoter... that feels like a potential legal problem.

This is actually an excellent point, especially considering the hassle over Cole/Fish/O'Reilly.  If anything, it's already gotten WWE's attention because of that.

16 minutes ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

Jerry McDevitt vs. Sinclair's Lawyers is a helluva lot more interesting than any match either fed could ever put on.

Whomever wins, we all lose.

The only thing I can all but guarantee is Vince would book Bryan in some kind of non-match match to destroy said hype. Like how he booked that Orton vs Flair fight on Raw post retirement - it stops anyone else getting that "return to the ring" selling point.

Course at this point  I'm reasonably confident it's Bryan vs Shane at Mania.

never heard of Mark Lewin, does that mean he's more famous in Australia than Australia's Favourite Wrestler Will Ospreay?

Pleased for Suzuki, his career could so easily have been viewed in a harsher light - never the top guy in UWF, Pancrase was pioneering but never took off like PRIDE or UFC, Triple Crown holder when it was less valued - but stylistically diverse, incredible character, longevity, quietly inspirational too with his fashion empire and his obvious deep love of Takayama and One Piece, etc. also still has his marbles and a working body - perhaps someone you could hold up to a lot of rookies today as an actual role model.

no qualms with any of the ones going in. just would have had Tamura in too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sevendaughters said:

never heard of Mark Lewin, does that mean he's more famous in Australia than Australia's Favourite Wrestler Will Ospreay?

Pleased for Suzuki, his career could so easily have been viewed in a harsher light - never the top guy in UWF, Pancrase was pioneering but never took off like PRIDE or UFC, Triple Crown holder when it was less valued - but stylistically diverse, incredible character, longevity, quietly inspirational too with his fashion empire and his obvious deep love of Takayama and One Piece, etc. also still has his marbles and a working body - perhaps someone you could hold up to a lot of rookies today as an actual role model.

no qualms with any of the ones going in. just would have had Tamura in too.

You should read Gary Hart's book. Lewin has lived an interesting life to say the least and is like the Gary Oldman of pro-wrestling. Would change his look and persona completely over the years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

You should read Gary Hart's book. Lewin has lived an interesting life to say the least and is like the Gary Oldman of pro-wrestling. Would change his look and persona completely over the years. 

thank you. following up wrestling in the outposts has been a recent thing of mine (LA LUTTE SENEGAL) so this sounds exactly my thing.

2 hours ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

Somehow Kenny Omega is on the ballot for next year.

Omega has been wrestling for almost 18 years, and I’m sure it has nothing to do with Meltzer rating three of his matches better than anything Kobashi or Kawada did. And he’s a draw in Japan/US, so... there ya go.