DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Bix wrote about the Cody/Young Bucks indy show for Deadspin

It has quotes from Cody, including him acknowledging that they will need to have some sort of lucha presence to hit their goal

Good article. The more I think about it there’s just no way they get anywhere near 10k, short of omega vs Bryan. I’d love to be wrong but 5-6k is the ceiling on this (and that would be great). I have a feeling this show will never happen and ROH and new japan will be the ones who keep trying to push their attendance upward, with Cody and the young bucks on their cards. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

http://deadline.com/2017/11/wwe-studios-expands-tv-digital-michael-luisi-1202216228/

WWE studios is going start doing TV shows and stuff for digital media - not just movies

If they just do some kind of distribution type thing like they did with that Halle Berry movie then maybe that will be fine, but if they're going to try selling shit like Legends House or whatever to networks then good luck with that. 

The match is going to be Cody/Bryan.  That's the angle Cody has been working, and I highly doubt he's going to take the lead on this show and then give someone else the main event.

I feel like the lucha element is probably Penta and Fenix, in which case Omega/Penta would be a pretty huge match to book.

• Like 2

What's the draw to see Daniel Bryan wrestle if WWE relents and lets him wrestle on the Network in a multi-man match? If WWE thinks he's going to return to the ring, they're not going to let someone else make money off of him. Also if WWE lets him wrestle, what are the odds he re-signs with the company?

19 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

What's the draw to see Daniel Bryan wrestle if WWE relents and lets him wrestle on the Network in a multi-man match? If WWE thinks he's going to return to the ring, they're not going to let someone else make money off of him. Also if WWE lets him wrestle, what are the odds he re-signs with the company?

Bryan has said pretty consistently--and I don't think we've got a reason to disbelieve him--that he'd prefer to wrestle for WWE, but if they won't clear him, he'll do it elsewhere. Whether WWE sees him as valuable enough to risk public perception regarding concussions remains to be seen. 

30 minutes ago, EVA said:

The match is going to be Cody/Bryan.  That's the angle Cody has been working, and I highly doubt he's going to take the lead on this show and then give someone else the main event.

I feel like the lucha element is probably Penta and Fenix, in which case Omega/Penta would be a pretty huge match to book.

Omega/Penta? Take my money now!!!

• Like 1

On 11/26/2017 at 3:38 PM, We Are The Robots said:

I honestly got the sense that Lawler was in on the whole thing too. It's hard to believe that a worker like him would get all pissy about Carrey's behaviour and not recognise the work going on.

Lawler and Carrey did promo battles for a little while when filming at the Grand Olympic. Courtney Love then heeled on both of them.

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

As Cubs pointed out, if it's a ROH/NJ/CMLL show, it would be complicated if they used Rey or Penta or Park and not CMLL guys. 

Then why not bypass CMLL entirely and work with The Crash instead?

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

Then why not bypass CMLL entirely and work with The Crash instead?

If it's "an ROH Show," and not just them using some ROH guys, it would be tricky business wise, given all 3 companies have a working relationship. You could see Paco (or someone there) making a stink. But then, CMLL is letting Rush the Crash and apparently Rush might be part of the Harris Twins lucha show. 

I know the natural assumption when you hear that they're looking for a lucha element is that they'll go through CMLL because of their relationship with NJPW/ROH, and I can see how that would make a lot of sense if they were looking for...6 or 8  luchadores to fill up this card.  But I don't think that's really what they're going for.  As mentioned previously, it could be viewed as a much less significant accomplishment for these guys if this is viewed as a co-promotional super show.

And it doesn't seem like there's been a big interpromotional issue inthe past when the Bucks have worked the Lucha Brothers or when they did the Elite 6-man against them in PWG.

From Cubs

AroLucha (SUN) 12/10/2017 Nashville Fairgrounds Sports Arena, Nashville, Tennessee
1) Willie Mack vs Mr. 450
2) Demus vs Máscarita Dorada
3) Keyra & Lacey Lane vs Taya & Vanilla Vargas
4) MVP vs Sammy Guevara
5) Hurricane Helms, Jack Evans, Máximo vs Daga, Garza Jr., La Máscara
6) Pentagon & Rey Mysterio Jr. vs John Morrison & Rush

That’s basically a The Crash show with a few US additions of note instead of the opening match Tijuana guys. Mr. 450/Mack is even a The Crash feud of the moment. It’s not actually a The Crash show though; that promotion hasn’t mentioned this one, and seems to have it’s own plans to run in the US in 2018. Both groups are, at least at the moment, using the same wrestlers and same main creative person behind the scenes, and it’s going to be tough for both of them to enter the market successfully at the same time.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I did not realize that Kenny Omega / Cody Rhodes vs. Pentagon Jr. / Fenix was the match I needed to see at all costs before I died.

If you haven't seen it yet, there's a really boss Pentagon/Fenix/Flamita vs. Omega/Bucks match from this year's BOLA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I did not realize that Kenny Omega / Cody Rhodes vs. Pentagon Jr. / Fenix was the match I needed to see at all costs before I died.

It is, I see this and I die happy!