DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Especially if they try to pay everyone in weed like certain people wanted to do during that lamentable time when the idea of a DVDVR show was floated

E C Dub! EC Dub!

28 minutes ago, BubblegumRogue said:

If they're really swinging for the fences, you gotta think they'll bring in Stephen Amell for the show right?

Amell vs Cody for the ROH title could get them some mainstream press.  At the very least, Mario Lopez would talk about it on Extra.  Slater loves wrestling.

16 minutes ago, OSJ said:

I thought it would die without Fergal Devitt. I was wrong. Thought for sure they would end the thing without AJ. Again, I was wrong, they're more over than ever even without Gallows and Anderson. I don't get it.

Neckbeards have a lot of disposable income.  

4 hours ago, OSJ said:

I thought it would die without Fergal Devitt. I was wrong. Thought for sure they would end the thing without AJ. Again, I was wrong, they're more over than ever even without Gallows and Anderson. I don't get it.

Its just a cool shirt design. 

• Like 2

So I'm assuming this is going to be a one off show that isn't held under the banner of a specific promotion?  Given the stroke they have I'm assuming they could get most of the principles from ROH and NJPW, not to mention most high profile indy guys would take the offer to appear given how much press it would get.  Given how regularly a lot of the LU wrestlers appear in other indes, I wonder if they'd try and get some of them on the card as well?

I wonder if they'll try to do an Omega/Okada match stateside.  How many stars would Meltzer give it if it took place in CA with him at ringside?

On 11/27/2017 at 12:32 AM, alstein said:

I think people are seeing a C-O-N-SPIRACY about Starcade trying to kill Wrestlecade.  I think these things were decided months in advance.

Last year was being hyped as the last WrestleCade ever.  Then they announced in that there would be a 2017 edition.  Hopefully it sticks around.  I really wanted to go to meet Dan Severn and Terry Funk (who had a family emergency and had to leave early).

Cody said recently that he spent over 10K on in game purchases on Clash of Clans so clearly he is living his motto of "Spend money. Make more later"

And Cody is the reason why microtransactions are here to stay

I have no idea how accurate or up to date celebrity net worth is, but the site lists his assets at $2 million.  That's hardly fuck you rich, but it seems like he has a steady income with indy bookings, merch sales, WWE residuals, and the odd acting gig.  Maybe he got a piece of his father's estate as well?  I wonder if he sees how is brother and father always had a job in the wrestling business and never struggled and thinks the same will happen to him.

7 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Yeah, he seemed like he was making a lot of cash in the immediate fallout of WWE. The cynic in me questions spending 10k on Clash of Clans...and if that is true, that's obscene. 

On one of the early Up Up Down Down's - he, Creed and Tyler Breeze were playing Clash of Clans and at that time Cody said he had spent something like $1800 already on the game... and that his wife didn't know

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

On one of the early Up Up Down Down's - he, Creed and Tyler Breeze were playing Clash of Clans and at that time Cody said he had spent something like $1800 already on the game... and that his wife didn't know

Which completely drives home the point that successful athletes/entertainers live in a completely different universe than me.

4 hours ago, Justin877 said:

Last year was being hyped as the last WrestleCade ever.  Then they announced in that there would be a 2017 edition.  Hopefully it sticks around.  I really wanted to go to meet Dan Severn and Terry Funk (who had a family emergency and had to leave early).

Horse-02-Sick-400x300.png

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I can't possibly see how this turns out well for Cody and the Bucks, but holy shit do I wish them the best of luck and hope they can somehow pull it off.

2017 has been an absolutely insane year for pro wrestling worldwide and it already looks like 2018's going to be even nuttier.

Meltzer pointed out as an example that the first Cow Palace Indy show a few months back made money drawing 3,500. I can easily see this show doing that and would be shocked if it didn't draw significantly more. But another great point Meltzer made was that even if they only got 3,500 they would make stupid money at the merch table so even if they lost money on the actual show they'd still come out significantly ahead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I have no idea how accurate or up to date celebrity net worth is, but the site lists his assets at $2 million.  That's hardly fuck you rich, but it seems like he has a steady income with indy bookings, merch sales, WWE residuals, and the odd acting gig.  Maybe he got a piece of his father's estate as well?  I wonder if he sees how is brother and father always had a job in the wrestling business and never struggled and thinks the same will happen to him.

Dusty almost went broke in 89 while trying to revive Florida. That is what caused him to go to the WWF. 

I don't know if it was broke by our standards, but it put a scare in him. 

15 hours ago, odessasteps said:

If Hunter never did it, I doubt anyone ever will. 

I see the logic going this way ... Triple H eliminates 28 other guys, then Braun eliminates Triple H, well, then, by proxy Braun eliminated 29 guys!  PROFIT!