DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The Bucks were on Colt Cabana's podcast recently and said they had a plan to break up Bullet Club a year ago, but no one will let them do it because everybody is making too much damn money off it.

And it's bigger than it's every been.  Pretty much anybody that gets their own variant of the skull and cross bones shirt gets rich over night.

23 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Just when you thought Bullet Club couldn't be more over.

It will be disastrous when the gimmick bubble finally bursts.

Can you imagine how fucked Ring of Honor would be if the Bullet Club broke up.  Hell not even sure Pro Wrestling Guerrilla would be the same 

They could fill a 10K seat show if they fill it with the top New Japan stars, Ring of Honor stars, and maybe some former WWE castoffs.  But it has to be really good ones like an Okada and/or Neville.   The idea that all you need for a show is Kenny Omega, Cody Rhodes, and the Bucks is Meltzer like delusional. 

1 hour ago, EVA said:

The Bucks were on Colt Cabana's podcast recently and said they had a plan to break up Bullet Club a year ago, but no one will let them do it because everybody is making too much damn money off it.

And it's bigger than it's every been.  Pretty much anybody that gets their own variant of the skull and cross bones shirt gets rich over night.

That the biggest stars in Bullet Club openly kinda hate the gimmick is one of the most fascinating things about all of this, honestly.

As for the show, I hope it’s everything they’re aiming for. I’m not really a fan of the three, but I am a fan of people making a living outside of WWE, and what that could mean for other workers and the industry as a whole. They need a little more than the usual “Bullet Club turns the ROH roster in to the Washington Generals” routine, though. (How soon until the fact that Chicago is on the list leads to rampant speculation that it’ll be “clobberin’ time?”)

• Like 1

I am amused that they are doing this just because Meltzer said ROH wouldn’t draw 10k

Clearly they could do it because they are clearly picking a location that will be a big Bullet Club spot already and you will have folks who come just for the spectacle and those who come just “to stick it to the man”

That being said they are really pigeon-holing themselves with the 10k thing as 9k for an indie show would be insane and something all promotions would strive for but it would be considered a failure by many because they didn’t reach their goal

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

They'd still turn a big profit and be failures all the way to the bank.

Especially if they try to pay everyone in weed like certain people wanted to do during that lamentable time when the idea of a DVDVR show was floated

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

ROH is running a 8,000 seat set up for Supercard of Honor. I wonder how close they get to a sell out. Tanahashi and Omega are booked for the show so far. I don't wanna speculate but if Jericho is done with the WWE for the time being and he's going to be New Japan/ROH in 2018 how much of a draw is Jericho? Not saying he's a draw because he's is, he's a big name with buzz but I wonder how much of a draw to ROH on WM Weekend he would be or how many people would go to the BC show just to see Jericho.

Surely Chicago or London would be their best bet. I can’t even believe San Francisco’s on the short list. Cody wrestled at the cow palace in May so that must be why that’s on his mind. Plus the venue is probably relatively inexpensive to book, but for the life of me I can’t imagine booking a one time event and picking a dilapidated building in Daly City. 

With a loaded card in Chicago or London I bet they could do 6-7k, which is great and they’re making a mistake to pigeon hole it. 

7 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

ROH is running a 8,000 seat set up for Supercard of Honor. I wonder how close they get to a sell out. Tanahashi and Omega are booked for the show so far. I don't wanna speculate but if Jericho is done with the WWE for the time being and he's going to be New Japan/ROH in 2018 how much of a draw is Jericho? Not saying he's a draw because he's is, he's a big name with buzz but I wonder how much of a draw to ROH on WM Weekend he would be or how many people would go to the BC show just to see Jericho.

Didn't Ring of Honor get about 4000 for Wrestlemania weekend this year?   And that was with about 2 or 3 other shows running and all based on the Hardys vs Young Bucks ladder match.  

You have to think Jericho vs Omega is happening again it is a question of the next New Japan US show, a Ring of Honor show, or maybe this idea that Bullet Club has.

Given the success of the Bullet Club shirts in Hot Topic, I wouldn't be surprised if Cody and the Bucks try to use that to leverage Hot Topic into sponsoring and being a promotional partner for the show. They have been presenting sponsors of rock and Metal tours from bands that are hot sellers for them so it wouldn't be too far out of the realm of possibility.

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Didn't Ring of Honor get about 4000 for Wrestlemania weekend this year?   And that was with about 2 or 3 other shows running and all based on the Hardys vs Young Bucks ladder match.  

You have to think Jericho vs Omega is happening again it is a question of the next New Japan US show, a Ring of Honor show, or maybe this idea that Bullet Club has.

3500 people last year. I'd like to see JEricho vs Tanahashi in person, but would New Japan let ROH run that? I'd imagine they'd went to run Tanahashi vs Jericho on one of their shows if they could. 

I'm rooting for Cody and the Bucks, if it's on the west coast I'm gonna try to go. A big 10,000 seat non WWE show in the U.S. would be badass. Rhodes, Bucks Omega and if they could get Jericho, Amell and New Japan and ROH talent It'd be an awesome show dude. Let's hope Hot Topic gets involved to sponsor and spread some advertising. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Just when you thought Bullet Club couldn't be more over.

It will be disastrous when the gimmick bubble finally bursts.

I thought it would die without Fergal Devitt. I was wrong. Thought for sure they would end the thing without AJ. Again, I was wrong, they're more over than ever even without Gallows and Anderson. I don't get it.

• Like 2