DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

18 minutes ago, Victator said:

Clown is a good guy. 

Maybe so, never done anything to me personally. Just found that after his book he became insufferable with his opinions on MMA. Look, anybody can write one (fairly mediocre) book. Write, edit, and/or publish well over 100 books and get back to me, I may even be impressed... 

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Tony covers Florida politics for some sort of blog

To paraphrase Tom - if I haven’t met you, I assume you are a Ganc sock puppet

Good lord, Iwould rather pound red-hot nails into my skull than read Ganc's noxious political opinions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I guess its safe to make that plural since we have exactly two women posters.

Surely there's more than two.

I may be forgottening someone but:

Burgundy, Sorceress Knight and Jen. 

PHIL might have an idea about lurkers he has approved that do not post. 

Plus, who knows how many folks do not disclose their gender/orientation/current 2017 term? 

32 minutes ago, Victator said:

Well with it being November, what would you folks rank as the best Traditional Survivor Series matches. 

My favorite is likely Team Andre vs Team Hulk at SS 87.

Always loved the SS 88 tag team tag match. The double turn with Powers Of Pain and the Demos was so very well done.

1 minute ago, Critts said:

I'd love to know the official reason why Starrcade wasn't on the network tonight. Brock in Japan was just a glorified house show so why couldn't they just do a bare bones production and give us something different tonight? 

Money. The same money they dump on a bunch of other projects on the Network that are destined to fail.

And you could say, well, don't go all out for it like a Raw, SDL, or PPV to save money, but Dunn and Vince are fucking dumb and won't have that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Critts said:

I'd love to know the official reason why Starrcade wasn't on the network tonight. Brock in Japan was just a glorified house show so why couldn't they just do a bare bones production and give us something different tonight? 

Because Live events are down overall and they want the non tv shows to mean something? 

4 hours ago, (BP) said:

I guess I'll spoiler it even though it's a house show, but a nice run-in at Starrcade.

Hide contents

You've still got it! Clap, clap, clap!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sasha said:

Surely there's more than two.

This place isn't exactly brimming with the fairer sex, believe me. Single digits, and I'm fairly sure 5 or less who are crazy enough to post.

17 minutes ago, Tim Evans said:

Because Live events are down overall and they want the non tv shows to mean something? 

This. SDL events aren't pulling in big numbers, so this is a way to dress up a house show and hopefully bring in more people during a holiday weekend. They can also show it a month from now on the network if they want.

I wish someone could actually tell me a reason why they’d want to watch that event on the Network beyond “I miss my southern ‘rasslin”. Is it because of a one off appearance by Dustin’s old WCW gimmick? An Arn Anderson run-in? The incredible main event match up between Styles and Mahal? That card is pretty boring, so besides the obvious WCW connection I don’t see why anyone want to see it.

• Like 1