DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Exactly - Ellsworth is going to have at LEAST a year of good indy bookings, and possibly bookings overseas, plus probably being brought back for guest spots by WWE every so often as long as he doesn't do anything stupid, and I seriously doubt he will.  The dude's got it good.  Hell, I worked for a decade and I'd be THRILLED to have half the success Ellsworth did.

Pretty sure the Roman Reigns protest guy is a parody. His name is Peter from Petersfield and loads of his tweets referenced paying for his trip to Survivor Series with his mum's credit card. Plus look how ridiculous his flyer is - esp the bit about how he could take Roman in a fight. 

4 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

Pretty sure the Roman Reigns protest guy is a parody. His name is Peter from Petersfield and loads of his tweets referenced paying for his trip to Survivor Series with his mum's credit card. Plus look how ridiculous his flyer is - esp the bit about how he could take Roman in a fight. 

This board is one of the saner corners of the IWC, but

1. The first paragraph on the flyer basically sounds like any given post in a RAW or SmackDown thread.

2. People regularly go on tangents about the massive conspiracy not to clear a perfectly healthy Daniel Bryan.

It isn't at all a stretch to think this guy might be for real.

It also wouldn't explain him deleting the tweet. If he's trolling, the negative attention would have been exactly what he was looking for.

This isn't the first time I've seen stuff like this before, although it's usually been confined to Reddit.  I was tagged along with a bunch of others, as he had just started following my Twitter account a few days prior.  Could be a work, could be a shoot, either way, glad it's gone.  

I'm used to fans being twats sometimes - we've all been there - but leave kids out of it.  Let them have fun, goddammit.

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah, Ellsworth got a great year and a half, and he's gonna be fielding the kind of offers he never would've dreamed of getting before this for a very long time. I'm really happy for him.

Yeah, he'll do fine as long as he keeps his chin up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Yo, that split-second after Heenan slaps Perfect and it slowly dawns on him that he fucked up is amazing. His facial expression in just that second where everything stops just totally nails it. Fantastic acting. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Will Ospreay does not seem like a smart man.

uEHab7x.png

He has since apologized, but still...

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sounds like the second and third sentences actually supports the victims of sexual assault and calls out predators.

Maybe the first sentence was one of those autocorrect snafus or something? I dunno.

18 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Yo, that split-second after Heenan slaps Perfect and it slowly dawns on him that he fucked up is amazing. His facial expression in just that second where everything stops just totally nails it. Fantastic acting. 

That bit was great, but Arn Anderson is still my favorite dude when it comes to being the worker selling the shock of a mystery partner announcement.

NO~!  IT CAN'T BE~!!! NOT STEAMBOAT~!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

That bit was great, but Arn Anderson is still my favorite dude when it comes to being the worker selling the shock of a mystery partner announcement.

NO~!  IT CAN'T BE~!!! NOT STEAMBOAT~!!!

Coincidentally, my favorite of those moments is when Arm was the surprise, in SMW.

• Like 1