DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Just now, Web Conn said:

If they get fired 2018 is going to be an interesting year. New Japan USA might have legs.

That's why I'd be surprised if they are fired. They would be way too valuable to NJPW and ROH. They will be punished in the booking, which is great because punishment booking is always so wonderful for us to sit through.

4 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

You apparently do not understand the new WWE.  Ticket paying fans are meaningless.  Social.  Media.  Engagement!!!  Nobody cares about crowd size anymore.

Now they will be on the 'not allowed to get over' list with everyone on the roster except for Reigns.  

You forgot the most important element...MERCH SALES.

spaceballs_merchandise.jpg

Edited by joseph2112
Picture add.
  • Haha 2

If you're Kevin Owens, well you have had a great push but maybe it's all downhill from here.....and maybe getting his downside and hanging with his family sounds pretty good, or if he gets fired he can get paid on the Indies and still have the lighter schedule.

If you're Sami Zayn, you've not had much of a push at all and the heel turn doesn't look to be changing that much.....well, maybe he's thinking WWE isn't really for him?

Jericho. Danielson. Omega. Neville. Rhodes. Steen? El Samerico?

It feels like something is happening.

I called BS on the whole Owens/Sami thing ever since news broke.  All one has to do is listen to their episodes on Edge and Christian's podcast and it's obvious they're thrilled with where they are right now in WWE.  And those were recorded right after HIAC.  So going from that to being pissed off and sent home doesn't make sense to me.  Unless proven otherwise I'm still heavily on the "it's a work" side.

So they're just working internet fans? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see anything on WWE.com about them being sent home from the European tour, and surely if it was a work they'd at least post it somewhere on their social media (or official website) so their non-dirtsheet consuming fans would see it and... uh, I don't know, get more involved in this potential storyline.

The only places I've seen it so far are here, another wrestling board, Reddit, and people like Ryan Satin and Meltzer on Twitter. And He Who Shall Not Be Named, but that was linked by someone on Reddit, so..

14 minutes ago, Casey said:

So they're just working internet fans? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see anything on WWE.com about them being sent home from the European tour, and surely if it was a work they'd at least post it somewhere on their social media (or official website) so their non-dirtsheet consuming fans would see it and... uh, I don't know, get more involved in this potential storyline.

The only places I've seen it so far are here, another wrestling board, Reddit, and people like Ryan Satin and Meltzer on Twitter. And He Who Shall Not Be Named, but that was linked by someone on Reddit, so..

It'd be awfully foolish of them to work internet fans, but with conflicting reports it's hard to say what's going on.  Could be real, could be storyline, but I think it's wise for people to calm down and not wildly speculate about where they go from here.

Meltzer cracks me up. On the radio show - he followed up a little further with the KO/Sami stuff (but nothing that really wasn't in the board post)

But he was like "Maybe they will be back on Monday. Maybe they will never come back!"

And I am like "Dave you can't just be throwing that shit out there since you know someone will be all DAVE SAYS THEY WERE FIRED!!!

My hunch is if they're not suspended tomorrow they should be okay. 

If the issue was the post-match angle, best case you want to think it was a case of miscommunication and not guys just ignoring what they were supposed to do. 

What is especially weird is that it's a taped show. If the company was furious they could have sent everyone back down and just re-filmed it. Having a segment go south and then just throwing your hands up and sending them back to North America just seems odd. 

I know the story is going to end up coming out on a podcast one day but I can  imagine this is one of those things where a conversation in the back gets heated over what we went wrong and someone in charge just loses it and sends them home. Is there any word if Vince was even at this show?

2 hours ago, Casey said:

... Benoit?