DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Every time I try to read anything on Meltzer's site on my android phone, it causes a pop-up spyware avalanche. Usually they're trying to sell me an app to make it stop.

Anyone else get this? Gotta try an anti-adware app I downloaded earlier again, I guess.

13 hours ago, Matt D said:

Jericho's biggest problem is that his eyes are too big for his stomach; he's never had a good perspective on what he's capable of physically. That was true when he broke himself trying a shooting star press twenty years ago and that was true this last year when he was botching unnecessarily complicated things against Reigns. In the WWE, that's never that big a deal because they've got constraints. Against Omega, however, I bet it'll make for a trainwreck. It'll be a trainwreck I'll probably never see though, so I don't really care.

Matt, if you become a “Here’s my take on shit I don’t watch” dummy, you’re going on a watch list .

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Matt, if you become a “Here’s my take on shit I don’t watch” dummy, you’re going on a watch list .

If I comment on the match after it happens without seeing it, I get what I get. This is prejudging it before it happens. Totally different. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

If I comment on the match after it happens without seeing it, I get what I get. This is prejudging it before it happens. Totally different. 

I don't think it is different at all.  You've already decided the match will be lame and if it isn't, the people who love it must obviously be lame too, and if you actually watch the match (which you said you won't), you'll find every nit to pick.

4 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

If you're in Houston the week of Survivor Series, Keith Lee and Matt Riddle are booked for an 8-man tournament at Griff's Irish Pub the night before Takeover.  

Until Riddle pulls out for a “better” gig

On 11/5/2017 at 6:38 AM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It's big, exciting news, but I'm a bit let down we're not getting Ibushi-Omega.

Why do you want to see two men die in the ring? 

35 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Jericho vs. Takayama with Minoru representing his best friend.

Yes please

Reminder that RAW (and Smackdown tomorrow) are both in the UK so for those super sensitive about spoilers... I guess don't be on the internet from like 3 - 8 pm EST

Also - there seems to be a very strong tease that Becky Lynch will be facing James Ellsworth on SDL tomorrow

9 hours ago, Ace said:

The argument that Jesus is a lich and not a zombie?

Is Adam Warlock a lich? He would be no version of undead. Something undead is not resurrected. It is simply alive again. Its the difference between Optimus Prime in that one season 4 episode and in the final four parter of the season. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Victator said:

Is Adam Warlock a lich? He would be no version of undead. Something undead is not resurrected. It is simply alive again. Its the difference between Optimus Prime in that one season 4 episode and in the final four parter of the season. 

How does this play into Royal Rumble 94?

4 minutes ago, Matt D said:

How does this play into Royal Rumble 94?

Oh Taker is another kettle of fish. His powers are very complicated. 

I believe he was undead prior to the 94 Rumble and was resurrected after being destroyed by Yokozuna. I point to the idea he never seemed as powerful again. This form was destroyed at Summerslam 96 and he was humanized further, culminating in Biker Taker. You could say the Ministry era was him attempting to reclaim his lost power.

Then Kane buried this form alive and he reverted to something resembling his late 99 form. 

• Like 1

Kenny Omega is working a show at a dive bar in Winnipeg on November 25th, that I can stagger home from after the beers. The promotion is fucking terrible at promoting things, so I could be one of less than 100 people in attendance. I think I have to go.

12 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

I don't think it is different at all.  You've already decided the match will be lame and if it isn't, the people who love it must obviously be lame too, and if you actually watch the match (which you said you won't), you'll find every nit to pick.

Most people here doing just that with the Survivors Series card.

10 hours ago, Ace said:

The argument that Jesus is a lich and not a zombie?

You dummy.  Jesus does not eat flesh so he's not a zombie and he doesn't have a phylactery so he can't be a lich.

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Is Adam Warlock a lich?

He does have a phylactery of sorts embedded in his skull so I guess my answer is "Maybe?"

• Like 1