DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK NINE

Dolfan in NYC

My boo called me at lunchtime and then got pissed at me because I wasn't exactly giving her my undivided attention since I have server queues to flush and an actual job to do.

I shot back with "Don't get pissed off at me because you're actually pissed off at Ben McAdoo," and then she started laughing.

Perhaps one day we will deal with this NYG displaced anger issue she has so my ass doesn't end up always paying for the sins of Eli Manning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

That sound byte of a reporter asking McAdoo what he said to the team at half time and McAdoo goes totally blank and can't come up win an answer is incredible.

To be fair, that would be the response I would have as the coach of the Giants.

And that itself is why he should no longer have a job as HC.

38 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Time to bench future HOFer Eli Manning for the Geno Smith Era in NY(New Jersey) once more?

It will be for Davis Webb but yeah that is the "hot" story today since the media asked McAdoo about it yesterday and he said that every position, including QB, needs to be evaluated for the future.

I doubt it will happen this week... mainly since I think they will give Eli the courtesy of passing Peyton on the consecutive start list but if I was a betting man - I would say it will happen the week after Thanksgiving. Giants play Skins on Turkey Day so they get basically a mini bye after that game. (Basically starting in Oakland)

Of course - in an ideal world McAdoo would be fired after that game too

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Geno is the backup...he'll get first crack! Or will they just go straight to the young guy because "fuck it who cares"?

Its fuck it who cares because they want to know if they feel comfortable with Webb as the starter. Then they dont have to go QB with their high draft pick

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Time to bench future HOFer Eli Manning for the Geno Smith Era in NY(New Jersey) once more?

See the last few days in the MMA folder for my opinions of Eli Manning.  Just replace the name Michael Bisping with Eli Manning...and then take away the good things I say about Bisping.

How the fuck does Evans get a 1 game suspension, but AJ Green gets off with nothing? Even as an AJ Green owner in 2 leagues, and Evans in another, I gotta say that Green should at least get 1 game. If OBJ got suspended last year for what he did, then Green should get something.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

How the fuck does Evans get a 1 game suspension, but AJ Green gets off with nothing? Even as an AJ Green owner in 2 leagues, and Evans in another, I gotta say that Green should at least get 1 game. If OBJ got suspended last year for what he did, then Green should get something.

I think the explanation from the NFL is that Green and Ramsey got thrown out, while Evans didn't.

How the fuck does Evans not get suspended for multiple games? That was as dirty a cheap shot as you can possibly commit. He crushed a guy from behind and it's a miracle the guy he hit wasn't hurt.