DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK NINE

Dolfan in NYC

11 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

True, but the counter to that is will they really have time to assess him in just two months? He has to learn a new offense, new teammates, etc, I don't think they will know enough to give him a guaranteed 17 million or so. I mean we've seen stranger things in football, but the sample size really will be too small to know if he is worth that much money.

This class of QBs is not looking good so I think the only option is to do this or go after Cousins. Or wait and have another 0-16 year. 

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Steelers have a bye this week.  I will probably be sleeping on the couch on Sunday night after the Rams kick the shit out of the Giants.

I imagine she'll use the old "YOU FORGOT TO PUT DOWN SOME MORE GRASS SEED~!!!" excuse to yell at me when she's actually upset with the Giants's pass protection and shitty record.

Dude, she's right. You need to put down more grass seed. 

• Haha 2

And the Giants have suspended Janoris Jenkins

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21240686/new-york-giants-suspend-janoris-jenkins-failing-return-bye-week

Well the Giants are in a prime position to take a QB now since everyone is all THIS WILL BE THE WORST QB CLASS EVER!!!! JOHN LYNCH NOT WANTING TO DRAFT SOMEONE CLEARLY MAKES IT SO!!!

And to follow up on the Bengals/Browns non-trade

Supposedly -the Browns were going to give up a  2018 second- and third-round picks and it wasn't that they didn't approve it... they didn't approve it in time.

The league office got the notice AFTER 4 pm 

• Haha 1

I'm glad it didn't go through because I don't think AJ McCarron is good enough for that high of a price.  They actually have a lot of young talent but they really need a quarterback and some receivers.  They are getting to the point where they just need to pick a quarterback every year until one sticks.  Trading picks for an average ass back up is a terrible idea.

So considering that the Browns are probably going to have a new coach anyway next year, wouldn't you want to give that coach a chance to look at Kizer?  I mean, he probably won't have a drastic change like Goff is having, but at least give Kizer some time to develop.  The Browns are no where close to being even .500, so giving up on a QB after a handful of games is a bit idiotic.

Of course, one could say the same thing about the 49ers too, but I guess Kyle didn't see anything in Beatherd.