DVDVR Message Board

The Garbage Man Can! - Raw - 10/30/2017

Dolfan in NYC

I didn't care for how the last segment was shot. It felt like a wrestling angle shot on a sitcom set. I would have preferred Miz celebrating then "BRAUNNNN!!!!" plays over the loud speakers. Don't see a need to reinvent the wheel. At least Braun got a giant reaction from the crowd. 

Loved Nia's return being done perfectly. Captain Fox rules, hope she fills out the rest of the team with Asuka, Sasha, and Mickie now. Great to see Joe back as well. Miz/Matt was pretty good stuff. Kane killing everyone is the best. Love the main event and Alexa's knockout right actually getting the pin for the first time in awhile was a great different finish to change things up. Actually thought they were going to do a title switch there to change up the survivor series match. Good show

14 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

Why was  Joe out, anyway? Was he injured?

Yeah - he tore his meniscus during the Summerslam match but he said he had some other nagging injuries that needed being taken care off too

13 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Loved Nia's return being done perfectly. Captain Fox rules, hope she fills out the rest of the team with Asuka, Sasha, and Mickie now. Great to see Joe back as well. Miz/Matt was pretty good stuff. Kane killing everyone is the best. Love the main event and Alexa's knockout right actually getting the pin for the first time in awhile was a great different finish to change things up. Actually thought they were going to do a title switch there to change up the survivor series match. Good show

I think Sasha and Bayley are already on the team. Their match against Fox was to determine who is the captain.

14 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Drew Gulak bringing the fire with his promo, I always knew he was great in ring but that promo, and Enzo's reaction to S-O-F-T may have made the Cruiserweight experiment worthwhile.

GabbaGulak has been amazing during all of this. When he literally spelled out SOFT and Enzo was all "What the hell dude" I couldn't stop laughing.

• Like 3

On 10/31/2017 at 7:25 AM, RIPPA said:

They were in Baltimore - of course the crowd was stupid 

I couldn't go Monday but Punk chant aside they weren't that horrible.  FWIW they were largely great for Extreme Rules and they seemed into a good amount of stuff with Raw.  I know Baltimore's an easy target and I get why but there's been a lot worse crowds recently.

That said i haven't checked for a gif but I hope to find one of Gulak spelling out Soft with the thumbs up and cheesy grin.  I miss badass Gulak but he's been so damn entertaining with Enzo he's almost singlehandedly making Enzo's segments worth watching.

• Like 1

I've been impressed with Gulak ever since his early CZW days and think he's got the biggest potential upside of just about anyone on 205 live.  Providing he doesn't get stigmatized as strictly a cruiserweight (which given his size and wrestling style he has a good chance of overcoming) he can do really well on the main roster.

• Like 2

Just now, HumanChessgame said:

I've been impressed with Gulak ever since his early CZW days and think he's got the biggest potential upside of just about anyone on 205 live.  Providing he doesn't get stigmatized as strictly a cruiserweight (which given his size and wrestling style he has a good chance of overcoming) he can do really well on the main roster.

I bet he will soldier on, regardless.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Gorman said:

I think Sasha and Bayley are already on the team. Their match against Fox was to determine who is the captain.

Commentary said Alicia was picking her team then chose Nia first after she won. They probably will be but I'd prefer if this was looked at as a qualifying match for the team.

• Like 1

Storyline-wise it speaks to the different managerial styles of the two shows. Shane had explicit qualifying matches for his team while Angle just picked guys. And on the women's side Daniel just picked a team (granted he only had a pool of 6) while Angle lets Fox do whatever she wants (however she has a pool of 5 to pick from).

Now will they elaborate on this and will we see how it plays out during the PPV? Probably not.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

And on the women's side Daniel just picked a team (granted he only had a pool of 6) while Angle lets Fox do whatever she wants (however she has a pool of 5 to pick from).

A pool of 6 and one is in-storyline not as competent as the rest of them.