DVDVR Message Board

UFC 217: Bisping vs. St-Pierre (11/4/2017) - New York, NY (Madison Square Garden)

Elsalvajeloco

7 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Man what a mess of a finish that was.

If Blaydes actually connects with that punt and Oleinik still says he can't continue, does Blaydes get DQd?

Depends on the ref's discretion because he knew this one didn't cause the fight to end. It would probably be a no decision or no contest if it wasn't intentional.

Usually you get this more in boxing where someone barely grazes the cup on a low blow and the guy who is losing clearly tries to find a way out. Many veteran refs will stop it on TKO if the fighter doesn't get up after a certain timeframe. Then, the guy hops up off the canvas perfectly fine and then acts mad about losing.

Big serving of humble pie to Mickey Gall. Didn't even get beat standing up. Got beat where his supposed bread and butter was.

I hope Randy Brown whispered "15 minutes are up" after the decision.

• Like 3

Goddamn James Vick was just constant in that 2nd round. It's funny, I was aware there was only 10 seconds left, but as soon as that uppercut landed I knew Duffy wasn't getting saved by the bell. You could just tell as soon as it landed it was over.

1 minute ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Found myself rooting for Rose Namajunas and I didn't even know why. Odd the way the match ended (looks like Joanna tapped but I don't even know if McCarthy saw it) but 100% legit, happy for Rose.

Joanna tapped. Rare to see tap due to strikes.