DVDVR Message Board

Janet Jackson Appreciation Thread

supremebve

Alright guys, let's stop talking about Janet Jackson being banned from everything for 13 years and start talking about how it is a crime that we don't get to hear these songs on the radio any more.  Janet Jackson is legendary.  Control sold 10 million copies.  Rhythm Nation sold 12 million copies.  janet. sold 14 million copies and got me through puberty.  Don't sleep on how many great songs Janet Jackson has produced over the years. 

If you have one of "those" playlists and this ain't on it...well you ain't living right

• Like 4

I'll let you folks post the videos and such, but I'm glad you started this topic.  Janet has one helluva career and it's easy to think of a lot of 80s and especially 90s songs that were constantly on TV and radio.  It never dawned on me until today how the Super Bowl show essentially blacklisted her, but upon that realization I'm rather annoyed by it.  I don't want to blame JT for getting off scot-free unless he had a hand in this.  But it is perplexing how she's been effectively erased from radio all this time.  She's coming to Baltimore next month and while money'll be tight with holiday shopping I'm still pretty tempted to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I love Janet.

Sexiest... Video... Ever....

I was just about to post this one.  She has a run of videos starting with "Love Will Never Do Without You" that could are in the running for Sexiest...Video...Ever...

• Like 1