DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK EIGHT

Dolfan in NYC

I was talking about it with my guy yesterday and we were hard pressed to see anyone aside from Seattle, maybe, seriously challenging Philly in the NFC.  

Ugh.  Happy Philly fans are the worst. 

Anyway... with the Dolphins going to play Baltimore on Thursday, it's wide expected that Matt Moore will start the game.  But all indications are, no matter how well Moore plays, Gase will stick with Cutler as the starter when he gets back.

It should also be noted, Matt Moore has the best QB tan since Don Strock.

Matt-Moore-wife-Tara-Moore-picture.jpg

Also, in Dolphins news...

The Byron Maxwell Experience has been closed permanently.   He was released this morning. He may get a look from Seattle.

And apparently, Adam Gase only wants QB's who were on the Bears, because they've signed David Fales (To Throw The Ball Accurately) to back up Matt Moore this week. 

9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, in Dolphins news...

The Byron Maxwell Experience has been closed permanently.   He was released this morning. He may get a look from Seattle.

And apparently, Adam Gase only wants QB's who were on the Bears, because they've signed David Fales (To Throw The Ball Accurately) to back up Matt Moore this week. 

Had to Google Fales to see who he is.

Does anyone else yearn to see this guy do good to spite his surname?

I finally actually got a chance to watch the Panthers game from last week on Gamepass and feel less awful about everything.

The two TD returns to were total lucky bounces, and they moved the ball all game but just had some killer penalties that destroyed every successful drive.

At least this is what I've talked myself into to keep from freaking out too much. 

God, I hope this just falls into the "sign a released dude from the team you are facing this week" category. 

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This week in Browns starting QBs

DeShone Kizer is gonna start for reals this time

I feel like that can't be a real person, just some sort of mash up of every QB the Browns have started for the past few years. 

• Like 1

That game was my penance for suggesting the Yankees should hire Dusty Baker.  

Everyone can eat me. 

giphy.gif

Also, this will at least shut up that growingly vocal group in the crowd calling for Matt Moore to replace Cutler.  

I like how for whatever reason the Bears cut Deonte Thompson, a player no one has heard of, and now Bills fans are happy to have him since he may have won us the game last week and had more yards than any Bills WR has had in a game this year. I guess some team's 6th best WR would be the best on the Bills.

• Like 1

This is fine, the Bills have been opening shopping him for awhile. It was really just a salary dump for a player getting tons of money that wasn't a good scheme fit and had some character concerns. He only was on the field for 33% of the Bills' defensive snaps this year, due to lingering injuries and just not playing that well. I mean four tackles and one sack isn't a great return for 15 mil a year. Honestly surprised they found someone to take him.