DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS #UnderSiege - 10/23/2017

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Seems like they are building Kane up to lose to Braun. I don't know why they used Balor in that role. But there is no shame losing to Kane. 

Yeah, I think Kane is being fed to and maybe even retired by Braun, depending on how the campaign goes. But putting him over Balor when he needs momentum more than ever thanks to that awful Wyatt feud is pretty dumb. Give him Apollo Crews, who would at least earn points for having the balls to stand up to Kane and could look good in defeat. If Balor is going to challenge Brock, he shouldn’t lose until that match.

Speaking of strange dominating performances, Alicia Fox basically won what was a handicap match for her against Bayley and Sasha by controlling the majority of the action, embarrassing Bayley by hitting her own finisher on her, outsmarting both and then winning clean as a sheet.

Meanwhile in the other woman's match, the words "Emma is dominating Asuka!" were said. 

Yeah...

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Side Tangent - you also had Kane destroy 2/3 of your newly reunited Shield AND Styles directly just so you can build Kane up to get squashed by Braun eventually

Yes, I love how three men could beat five the night before.  Then just ONE of them destroys a better version of that team all by himself the next night.  With all the talk about Finn getting squashed and Asuka being dominated, The Shield got their asses kicked twice in the same show and looked like a bunch of nobodies at the end.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

That and Finn Balor was sans face paint and not at full demon strength, so the loss to Kane was a reasonable conclusion.

It is funny that Finn's gimmick is equal parts apocalyptic Celtic mythology and Dragon Ball Z.

Kane has absorbed Undertaker's remaining ki and is stronger than normal conception. 

I watched the match and I would not qualify it as a squash. Balor got offense to look strong. It was the same match he had with Braun on Friday at a house show. 

3 minutes ago, Victator said:

Kane has absorbed Undertaker's remaining ki and is stronger than normal conception. 

I watched the match and I would not qualify it as a squash. Balor got offense to look strong. It was the same match he had with Braun on Friday at a house show. 

I think if it ended with just Kane stopping the Coup de Grace with a chokeslam, people wouldn't have reacted so strongly. But Kane stood around and hit two more to demonstrate his dominance and rub it in, so it makes Balor look like more of a chump. 

1 minute ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Because according to some people in the TLC thread, Emma needs to be protected and we need to be conditioned to the fact that Asuka isn't special and unbeatable. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I saw some of that.

So, maybe I'm wrong, but here's what I think because I do this shit too. If you watch that Asuka/Emma match from Sunday, yes, you might want to believe there's a better reason behind not having Asuka go out there and welt up Emma's body with kicks. You want to hope that they're going to get this right. At the very least, after every other easy layup WWE has completely fucked up, they couldn't possibly fuck this one up, right? They had to have learned and so the match on Sunday was more competitive for a reason.

If you thought like that on Sunday, then on Monday, you have to be saying, "yep, I let them make me into a sucker again." It's a shitty, shitty feeling. 

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Yeah, I saw some of that.

So, maybe I'm wrong, but here's what I think because I do this shit too. If you watch that Asuka/Emma match from Sunday, yes, you might want to believe there's a better reason behind not having Asuka go out there and welt up Emma's body with kicks. You want to hope that they're going to get this right. At the very least, after every other easy layup WWE has completely fucked up, they couldn't possibly fuck this one up, right? They had to have learned and so the match on Sunday was more competitive for a reason.

If you thought like that on Sunday, then on Monday, you have to be saying, "yep, I let them make me into a sucker again." It's a shitty, shitty feeling. 

I mean, if you fear her "badass aura" will be irreparably damaged by losing a match, certainly fighting competitive matches with chumps like Emma who would lose to Nia Jax in 20 seconds and looking like you have zero "badass aura" to begin with solves that problem!  :D

54 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

How will Asuka ever have a dominating run after almost losing to Emma?!?!

I would like to say that HHH wants to show that Asuka is moving up in competition by moving from NXT to RAW, but that is dumb because some of the women that Asuka has already beaten the shit out of are on the RAW roster so she doesn't have anything to prove to anyone.

Asuka should be stomping the frog water out of anyone in front of her.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Like Meltzer said, these two matches with Emma did nothing to showcase Asuka as someone different, unique or special from the rest of the women's roster.

Well if Meltzer said it... 

In all seriousness, I'd argue Asuka NXT matches didn't necessarily do much to show her as something special on their own.  What made her special was beating everyone.

It is strange to me that - at least for now - this is the first time Smackdown is being presented as the "heels" in this.

I am sure RAW will somehow stuff their entire team with heels and that will be that but still.

Also - why not really bothered by most of the "Why are these guys working with each other?" - it is stupid to have Roode and Ziggler working together since they are in the middle of a feud. 

I'm not at all excited for Survivor Series.  Last year's "invasion" angle was kinda dull.  The closing segment last night was ok, but I always have a healthy skepticism about WWE following up.  Usually, a hot segment on RAW or SD is followed by 4 weeks of dull tv.  SD's been rather bad lately, so I'm not expecting too much out of tonight.  Not really understanding why heels and faces are working together, or why guys like Corbin would sign up just cause Shane asked them to.  Also, that was Shane's first appearance since the Owens match, right?

Got no interest in most of the title matches announced so far.  Shield-Usos sounds like fun, but I'd probably be willing to pay to avoid the other 3.  I generally like Miz matches but Miz-Corbin doesn't strike me as something that will be good.

Shane looking humongous compared to Angle did get a chuckle out of me.