DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS #UnderSiege - 10/23/2017

Dolfan in NYC

9 hours ago, maciej said:

I hope there is an evil power mind controlling the Smackdown locker room.

It will be revealed Daniel Bryan was behind it all as payback for clearing Angle to wrestle but not him.

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It's better to think of this whole thing as a Simpsons Treehouse of Horror Halloween Special.  

It's the WWE version of the Purge.  For one PPV cycle, faces are free to do anything to random backstage people and RAW branded friends without turning heel.

9 hours ago, Hagan said:

Oh, small quibble but they should have hidden Seth and Dean from that beat down the way they did stars that matter. You're just in the process of rehabbing them as tough and they get taken out by the SD B squad. I mean, isn't the corollary that a top babyface can take out four midcarders by himself (SCSA being the exception, of course, as he can take out literally every single person). Roman and Cena could have taken out that whole gang by themselves. 

I don't get the "there were no top stars" argument here and from some on Twitter.  You had AJ, Nak and New Day, along with heavily pushed Baron Corbin and Becky and Women's Champ Natalya  attacking one whole side of the TLC main event and Sasha and Bayley.  

The only main stars missing from Smackdown were KO for obvious reasons, Sami for storyline reasons, and possibly Orton (although I thought I saw him in one shot).

Really almost everyone on SDL who went after RAW members had an issue or history with the person they attacked.

New Day started out by feuding with Titus and D. Young

Zack Ryder used to tag team with Curt Hawkins

Chad Gable and Jason Jordan were former SDL Tag Champs

Becky Lynch lost most of her title chances in the beginning of the year due to Mickie James helping Alexa Bliss

Carmella and Bayley were BFFs in NXT

AJ and Ambrose feuded over the WWE Title after the draft last year

Only ones I can't think of anything are Fox-Tamina, Sasha-Nattie, Rollins-Team Smackdown, Goldust-Team Smackdown

25 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

Really almost everyone on SDL who went after RAW members had an issue or history with the person they attacked.

New Day started out by feuding with Titus and D. Young

Zack Ryder used to tag team with Curt Hawkins

Chad Gable and Jason Jordan were former SDL Tag Champs

Becky Lynch lost most of her title chances in the beginning of the year due to Mickie James helping Alexa Bliss

Carmella and Bayley were BFFs in NXT

AJ and Ambrose feuded over the WWE Title after the draft last year

Only ones I can't think of anything are Fox-Tamina, Sasha-Nattie, Rollins-Team Smackdown, Goldust-Team Smackdown

Fox/Tamina, Sasha/Nattie fall under all women being crazy and hating each other in Vince's eyes.

The Usos were part of the Team Smackdown gang. The Usos are facing Rollins & Ambrose at Survivor Series.

Goldust just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Perhaps, R-Truth is a spy and knew where Goldust would be. R-Truth and Goldust doing Spy vs. Spy would be pretty awesome.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Goldust is challenging "any of those young punks on SDL" to a match on Twitter

I would pray that means Rusev but you know it will be Mojo

Goldust vs. Mojo makes more sense for a lot of reasons, most importantly wrestling Goldust is a PhD level class in wrestling and Mojo could use it. Also Goldust is likely to have MOTN with Mojo.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zac_Fu said:

When Smackdown ambushed Raw.

#UnderSiege

They need to work "Such heroic nonsense...." into the finish of the main event for Survivor Series.

Perhaps with Braun stomping someone In the cranium for trying to prevent Braun from beast hurling someone out into the fifth row?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Why the fuck in 2017 is Kane pinning Finn Balor clean?

The fuck

Because RAW and no face paint. 

If you want to see the Demon King vs. Big Red Monster blow off, that will cost you some PPV monies..

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Team Smackdown was just lucky Mark Henry wasn't there to magically get in front of them and then get outpaced.

Poor Mizzark.  As much as I want him to be the angry god that the Smackdown roster summons from the ocean, reality will set in and he will blow his knee out before reaching shore and I will be sad.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Victator said:

Seems like they are building Kane up to lose to Braun. I don't know why they used Balor in that role. But there is no shame losing to Kane. 

That and Finn Balor was sans face paint and not at full demon strength, so the loss to Kane was a reasonable conclusion.

It is funny that Finn's gimmick is equal parts apocalyptic Celtic mythology and Dragon Ball Z.

• Like 1

If the plan is that Finn is Brock's challenger at Rumble (which is at least the current plan) - then he needs to start beating big scary dudes. You can't just keep kicking the can down the road and be all "Eh... he can get wins later".

If the current plan is that AJ Styles is Jinder's #1 contender after Survivor Series (which they are already building too), then you just squashed the guy who cleanly beat SDL's #1 contender.

There were a dozen guys who could have been in that match last night. Finn Balor should not have been one of them.

Side Tangent - you also had Kane destroy 2/3 of your newly reunited Shield AND Styles directly just so you can build Kane up to get squashed by Braun eventually