DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS #UnderSiege - 10/23/2017

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Oh, small quibble but they should have hidden Seth and Dean from that beat down the way they did stars that matter. You're just in the process of rehabbing them as tough and they get taken out by the SD B squad. I mean, isn't the corollary that a top babyface can take out four midcarders by himself (SCSA being the exception, of course, as he can take out literally every single person). Roman and Cena could have taken out that whole gang by themselves. 

This leads to the inevitable 20 vs 3 Smackdown roster vs The Shield elimination match where Roman is the sole survivor after pinning all 20 men.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Oh, small quibble but they should have hidden Seth and Dean from that beat down the way they did stars that matter. You're just in the process of rehabbing them as tough and they get taken out by the SD B squad.

B squad? Who da A squad then?

32 minutes ago, Hagan said:

I will say that the commentators did a great job being bewildered about where this gang attack was coming from and discussing how there hadn't been animosity between the brands. 

If this is some sort of permanent shift that actually built to a real blow off then it would be great. But it seems like the night after SurSer everyone will just reset. 

Of course, a provocation like that seems to me that you need a structure to hold the chaos in. Perhaps a match where you can have multiple-men teams engage in violent combat where the other side has to be vanquished. Perhaps a feud ender like this would need TWO RINGS to handle it after Survivor Series.

Yes, I am talking about Battlebowl and the Lethal Lottery. 

That actually makes a ton of sense.  I had never considered that possibility.

That was one of those segments that you watch and go "Maybe they should let more people just be themselves out there."  New Day, Rusev, Becky, Mojo, Sasha, etc. etc. all looked more badass and awesome than they ever do during their respective shows.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

So a few things

Did Daniel Bryan not get his invitation?

I know Corey personally from his SJK days and this reminds me of an angle he did where we didn't know what side he would choose.

Brock and Kane would be the guys I'd want to play hide and seek with as they were nowhere to be found.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Byron and maybe even Phillips take some bumps tomm night and maybe raw leaves Graves untouched.  Causing SD to doubt him.

Nakamura looked extremely out of place the whole time.

SD should be great tomm.

Nakamura is probably wishing he stayed in New Japan at this point.

3 minutes ago, username said:

I do not think I've ever heard a crowd that quiet for an invasion angle in my life.  On paper it seems like it should work fine but how little anyone actually cared sorta sucked the energy out of it.

They're still depressed over Aaron Rodgers' injury.

9 minutes ago, username said:

I do not think I've ever heard a crowd that quiet for an invasion angle in my life.  On paper it seems like it should work fine but how little anyone actually cared sorta sucked the energy out of it.

It's confusion. No one wants to boo New Day or Becky, but they were being assholes, so it puts them in a weird spot.

• Like 2

I thought Shane was going to go out and do an interview consisting of nothing but Steven Seagal movie references.

"You know, Kurt, you found out at King of the Ring once that I'm Hard to Kill, and I'm here to remind you that you're certainly not Above the Law. At Survivor Series, Smackdown Live is going to be Out for Justice."

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

I thought Shane was going to go out and do an interview consisting of nothing but Steven Seagal movie references.

"You know, Kurt, you found out at King of the Ring once that I'm Hard to Kill, and I'm here to remind you that you're certainly not Above the Law. At Survivor Series, Smackdown Live is going to be Out for Justice."

I had the chili in catering and now I feel the Fire Down Below.

• Like 6

Didn't care for SDL coming off as the heel brand, especially Shane. Now when Raw does it they'll just be out for revenge.  Hope Shane doesn't have Owens or zayn teaming alongside him. Mostly just hoping that Shane and Angle are both on their respective teams. Shane was the MVP last year. SDL felt like the underdog babyface side last year overcoming the odds.

Rest of the show was pretty good. Great opener and fun to see Kane back to being dominant. Hell yes to Alicia Fox finally winning a match. "I don't wanna play this game anymore!!" So great. That Team Enzo entrance gif is absolutely hysterical and makes me wish they won.

1 hour ago, Hagan said:

Oh, small quibble but they should have hidden Seth and Dean from that beat down the way they did stars that matter. You're just in the process of rehabbing them as tough and they get taken out by the SD B squad. I mean, isn't the corollary that a top babyface can take out four midcarders by himself (SCSA being the exception, of course, as he can take out literally every single person). Roman and Cena could have taken out that whole gang by themselves. 

I imagine no Roman, Braun, and Samoa Joe for Raw will be played up in short order.

SDL was missing most of its true beat down squad: Usos, Naomi, Charlotte. Jinder and the Singhs didn't bother showing up. KO had legit reasons for not being there, and Zayn is playing to his gimmick.

The invasion made for a good visual. But it lacked any stakes. Why should any wrestler care about red or blue? They can get traded at the drop of a dime. Why should some of the faces/heels care about each other suddenly? Why isn't Roode punching Ziggler? Why isn't Carmella cashing in on Natalya in a sneak attack? Nakamura had the right idea, he clearly didn't give one fuck.

They could have went with something were Shane is made that Angle didn't call him to ask about using Styles but instead went over his head to Vince. Shane not only feels disrespected, but not having AJ available for a couple of their SDL shows means less money for everyone on the blue roster next payday, as Styles is a star many come to see. Don't make it about red or blue, make it about green. They all want to get rich, or at least well-off. 

Money isn't used enough as a motivator in wrestling. At least have them play for a cash prize, new luggage, something. Allow the winning brand to pick off a non-title holding star from the losers. Anything would help.

1 hour ago, bazzil said:

They're still depressed over Aaron Rodgers' injury.

and drunk!

Brett Hundley is going to give me an alcohol problem since I still have access to more then $60 of free alcohol. 

1 hour ago, Overly Critical Man said:

This leads to the inevitable 20 vs 3 Smackdown roster vs The Shield elimination match where Roman is the sole survivor after pinning all 20 men.

We did get that sweet Cena/Orton vs. the whole roster match with Cena/Orton busting out sweet ass tag moves. 

2 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Or intramural softball season...

Burns-Roster.png

♫ Well, Shane McMahon had done it, 

The Smackdown gang had won it, 

With Michael Cole clucking all the while, 

Bray Wyatt's tragic illness made us smile, 

Matt Hardy lay unconscious on the bathroom tile....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Shane: I've decided to bring in a few ringers, free agent wrestlers. We'll give them token independent contracts on Smackdown and have them compete on our Survivor Series team. Farmer Burns, George Hackenschmidt, Ed "Strangler" Lewis....

Bryan: Uh, sir?

Shane: What is it, Bryan?

Bryan: I'm afraid all of those wrestlers have retired and, uh... passed on. In fact, your team captain has been dead for a hundred and thirty years.

Shane: Damnation! Alright, find me some good wrestlers. LIVING wrestlers! Scour every promotion there is. New Japan, Ring of Honor, the AWA!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hagan said:

Seth and Dean were beat down here so it will make sense when the Shield shows up on SDL later making hit and run attacks on half the roster.

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

SDL was missing most of its true beat down squad: Usos, Naomi, Charlotte. Jinder and the Singhs didn't bother showing up. KO had legit reasons for not being there, and Zayn is playing to his gimmick.

SDL had Tamina. She is the beat down squad as far as the womne's roster goes.