DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS #UnderSiege - 10/23/2017

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Becky was playing for blood.  

N9xp2D.gif

IF you told me this was a Russ Meyer movie called "Devil Kittens on Hell Street" I would believe you.

God, guys, the more outrage Gifs I see of that shambles of an ending the more I love it.

• Like 3

So a few things

Did Daniel Bryan not get his invitation?

I know Corey personally from his SJK days and this reminds me of an angle he did where we didn't know what side he would choose.

Brock and Kane would be the guys I'd want to play hide and seek with as they were nowhere to be found.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Byron and maybe even Phillips take some bumps tomm night and maybe raw leaves Graves untouched.  Causing SD to doubt him.

Nakamura looked extremely out of place the whole time.

SD should be great tomm.

2 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I can't be the only person hoping that the Smackdown roster walked past a garbage truck only for Braun to burst through the side and destroy everybody, am I?

Now I'm imagining the perfect ending is them walking outside celebrating and then finding just the garbage truck with a huge hole ripped in the side and freezing in terror and suddenly going silent and we fade to black.

That couldn't have been so hard to film, right?

I will say that the commentators did a great job being bewildered about where this gang attack was coming from and discussing how there hadn't been animosity between the brands. 

If this is some sort of permanent shift that actually built to a real blow off then it would be great. But it seems like the night after SurSer everyone will just reset. 

Of course, a provocation like that seems to me that you need a structure to hold the chaos in. Perhaps a match where you can have multiple-men teams engage in violent combat where the other side has to be vanquished. Perhaps a feud ender like this would need TWO RINGS to handle it after Survivor Series.

Yes, I am talking about Battlebowl and the Lethal Lottery. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, piranesi said:

God, guys, the more outrage Gifs I see of that shambles of an ending the more I love it.

I'll be honest, I was busy doing other things and had the show on mute.  The beatdowns were a fucking RIOT when all you had where the facial expressions to go on. And I literally could not tell you who half the guys were who were attacked.  Though Gable going immediately after Jordan was a nice touch.

EDIT:  Okay, that was crazy.  I wrote that last sentence and then I saw a few posts up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hagan said:

I will say that the commentators did a great job being bewildered about where this gang attack was coming from and discussing how there hadn't been animosity between the brand's. 

If this is some sort of permanent shift that actually built to a real blow off then it would be great. But it seems like the night after SurSer everyone will just reset. 

Of course, a provocation like that seems to me that you need a structure to hold the chaos on. Perhaps a match where you can have multiple-men teams engage in violent combat where the other side has to be vanquished. Perhaps a feud ender like this would tend TWO RINGS to handle it after Survivor Series.

Yes, I am talking about Battlebowl and the Lethal Lottery. 

Make it three rings, cause the only match that can hold this much chaos is WORLD WAR 3!!!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I can't be the only person hoping that the Smackdown roster walked past a garbage truck only for Braun to burst through the side and destroy everybody, am I?

I was waiting for this EXACT moment. I kept thinking, "Ok, where's the garbage truck" wondering if it would just be parked there or, if like how we joked last night, if Braun would just be dragging the fucking thing with him. My body was so ready for Braun to destroy all of the SDL roster. Either that, or all of SDL stops when the see Braun, Braun roars, and then everyone runs.

1 minute ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Does Smackdown really want to escalate things with RAW? All Kurt has to do is make one phone call to Pensacola and suddenly everyone on Smackdown has the mumps.

Smackdown begins with Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt running into the ring.  Show immediately ends.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It was also a nice reminder that The New Day are only babyfaces because they are choosing to target unpopular people in their bullying. But they are essentially still an awesome combination of:

1) privileged jump-suit wearing jock bullies who stalk and torment the weak

2) mean nerds who intellectually bully those who aren't meme-hip enough

Tonight they got to release a little of that essential heel energy and it's amazing how fast they took to it. They are only babyfaces so long as we are in denial of the true nature and so long as we don't like the people they are bullying.

It's a brilliantly cruel gimmick and this weird booking wormhole reminded of it.

• Like 8

Oh, small quibble but they should have hidden Seth and Dean from that beat down the way they did stars that matter. You're just in the process of rehabbing them as tough and they get taken out by the SD B squad. I mean, isn't the corollary that a top babyface can take out four midcarders by himself (SCSA being the exception, of course, as he can take out literally every single person). Roman and Cena could have taken out that whole gang by themselves. 

• Like 2

Also I think the only justification Shane needed for this was when Angle hilariously listed the top guys on Raw and then the top guys on Smackdown. The top guys on Smackdown being: AJ Styles.

That thing about shoot comments that aren't meant to be shoot comments.

• Haha 1