DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXX

Dolfan in NYC

14 minutes ago, caley said:

A question I had while watching one of those PPV 30 minute recap videos on Youtube: are we, the WWE universe, supposed to kayfabe know that Triple H is Vice-President of Talent of WWE or is he supposed to just be an ex wrestler who hangs out backstage and occasionally comes out?  Like, during Raw they show recap videos of him at WWE events/promotions/appearances and he's clearly show as a member of the office, but when he comes out to the ring, are we supposed to know that?  

Because if he is kayfabe-wise, Vice-President of Talent, and comes out to put one brand over another, then that's a really weird move, considering he's technically in charge of both brands.  It would be like Roger Goodell (If he had been a very good football player at one point) playing for the Patriots in the Super Bowl to ensure their victory over an NFC team.  Well, actually, since Survivor Series means nothing, it would be more like Goodell suiting up for the AFC in the Pro Bowl to make sure they beat the NFC in a game no one really cares about.  Look, I'm just saying it's weird, okay?

Triple H has brand loyalty to whichever brand his wife runs. It's not that hard to connect the dots on that one.

• Like 1

Rhoode looks VERY small next to HHH. Was pretty surprised by that.

Not letting Nakamura and Balor just Strong Style each other for about 4 minutes was a bummer. 

The ending with all the story line really blew a chance for them to get over new people... 

Was it me, or was the crowd not reacting like I would imagine the WWE wanted during Cena/Angle and pretty much everything else?

Nakamura and Roode did get some offense in on HHH... But why can't HHH do more to get these dudes over?

How do we get the Authority off our TVs? Do I have to cancel my WWE Network sub and just torrent? UGH.

7 hours ago, RonL21 said:

The only problem I had with AJ/Brock was that I think AJ has enough credibility to kick out of one F5. They could have had AJ barely get a shoulder up, then have Brock give him another.

Nobody is kicking out of the F5 right now, presumably until Roman does at Mania

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Nobody is kicking out of the F5 right now, presumably until Roman does at Mania

I was trying to think when a wrestler last kicked out of the F5 and I came up with the Undertaker inside Hell in a Cell at the 2015 PPV.

7 hours ago, RonL21 said:

The only problem I had with AJ/Brock was that I think AJ has enough credibility to kick out of one F5. They could have had AJ barely get a shoulder up, then have Brock give him another.

I thought the same thing. I thought AJ should have kicked out of that F-5, it should have taken atleast 2 F-5's to put AJ down . I also thought it should have took like 5 F-5's to take Braun down.

I'm surprised it's November, we're at the halfway point to WrestleMania, and people haven't figured out that no one is kicking out of the F5 until Roman kicks out of 4 of the fucking things because Roman needs his moment or something.

The F5 is being reestablished as a sudden death finisher. No one is kicking out of it. No one. Except Roman.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I was trying to think when a wrestler last kicked out of the F5 and I came up with the Undertaker inside Hell in a Cell at the 2015 PPV.

As fate would have it, last night's match with AJ was the longest match he's had since that HIAC with Undertaker I believe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I like Sami naively believing Stephanie and accepting her apology because he genuinely is a good guy and wants to see the good in people. Meanwhile, KO knows Stephanie is a McMahon, and thus will always be a lying, manipulative piece of shit no matter what comes out of her mouth. 

On a side note, Owens and Zayn need a good portmanteau like their buddies El Generico and Kevin Steen, Steenerico.

For the portmanteau, how about SamOwens?

Yeah, 2014 was a complete anomaly and I think Bryan being out with injuries the rest of the year proved them right in their minds that they should have stuck with the original plan. Which they've pretty much done ever since.

I love that Roman Reigns, super great worker who is not super old, has become the worst case scenario including having Brock continue his unbelievably boring intermitant run.  My favorite was when smarks cheered Triple H and Vince against him.  OH NO, don't give me good matches on a weekly basis.  BOO HOO.  

God if they had just put Braun over.  If only.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

People should really stop setting themselves up for disappointment like this. 

Its hard to say, I mean he might still be. But it seems like something changed when he was out sick. I don't care if they use him or not. They're the ones losing money. 

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I like Sami naively believing Stephanie and accepting her apology because he genuinely is a good guy and wants to see the good in people. Meanwhile, KO knows Stephanie is a McMahon, and thus will always be a lying, manipulative piece of shit no matter what comes out of her mouth. 

On a side note, Owens and Zayn need a good portmanteau like their buddies El Generico and Kevin Steen, Steenerico.

Jesus, Sami is so good on the mic right now.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've been calling them Zowens for a few weeks now.

After their match last night I was half expecting the Bludgeon Bros to come out and attack them in their debut.