DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXX

Dolfan in NYC

On 11/17/2017 at 2:11 PM, RIPPA said:

No I am pretty sure you are the only one

Do you also read AJ's Flat Earth newsletter?

I prefer Bo Dallas' Flat Earth newsletter, thank you very much.

Bo's newsletter caters more to the all-important rock troll demographic.

That PPV ended after the first time in a year Brock decided to work, but still put AJ away with 1 finisher, right, because that was a great PPV...

Except for that fucking Main Event, good Christ.  Only good thing there is Braun demolishing everything and we might get Trip/BRAIN at Mania.

Spoiler

3DzQuf6.jpg

When he wants to make somebody look good, few do it better than Triple H.

Matches kind of under-delivered outside of Brock/AJ in my mind. Nothing awful but a couple goodish matches, outstanding match and then a bunch of dog shit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dogwelder said:

My reaction to the booking of the main:  Oh My Fucking God. 

You expected the weak current stars to hang with the real Superstars of yesteryear and 49 year old non-wrestler?  HAHAHAHAHA

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The face vs face dynamic with New Day/Shield (at least I think New Day are currently faces?) took something away from the match I think.  It wasn't bad but didn't do a ton for me either, probably because of how predictable Shield going over was.

Women's elimination match seemed really quick.  I'm really bummed Becky went out so quick and Nia's elimination was stupid but I guess they want to keep her strong or something.  Askua going against multiple opponents was what I expected though figured she'd overcome a 3-1 deficit at least.

Miz/Corbin was better than I was expecting. Corbin winning was the right move.

The Tag champs match was really good as expected.  

Charlotte/Bliss was definitely one of the better matches of the night.

Given Brock's track record for the past year+ I wasn't expecting much of the world title match, but this totally overdelivered.  I wouldn't call this an MOTYC, but it was damn good.  AJ is better at wrestling than most other people that wrestle.

The main event had a couple of novelty encounters but other than that it was total bullshit, save for Strowman punking HHH.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

You expected the weak current stars to hang with the real Superstars of yesteryear and 49 year old non-wrestler?  HAHAHAHAHA

The end result was it made the youngest guy in the match look unstoppable and stand tall at the end, while setting up at least one big Mania program. 

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I would hate to think that they are using Strowman to build up Triple H for a match against Kurt Angle.  Maybe they realize how crappy that match would be and they are going with Triple H vs Braun which should be much better

I'm pretty sure Trips/Angle is on, and they just used Trips to point out how lethal Braun is

5 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I would have been trounced. 

Well what did you think of the match. AJ's bumping..  out of this world..    Brock's selling on the leg after the reversal into the calf crusher,   very good. Stiff shots from both guys.   I'm not calling it MOTY or anything but I loved it.  It's too bad that it was too predictable.  

• Like 2

That was a lot like the last PPV in that most of the stuff before the main event was okay to great and the main event was a mess.   Very WCW like unfortunately

Can we put the New day on the 1st match of every major show because they are so great staring the show.  Of course working with teams like the Usos and the Shield help

• Like 1