DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXX

Dolfan in NYC

On 11/14/2017 at 9:30 PM, Eivion said:

This one seems pretty obvious to me.

Hide contents

I think Paige is supposed to be on SDL anyways so I'm not sure where the rumors of her returning to join the Raw women's team ever came from.

I believe the rumor started because she was backstage at Raw and there was that open opportunity with a match for the last spot. For me it was more hoping they would do something other than predictable obvious boring route that they did go with. Much less interest in her just being on the other team.

So, I’m calling Roode selling out to cost SD the match. It makes the most sense. They only brought him in as a face because they knew the theme would get over right away with the main audience, and that the Loud Minority were going to cheer him. He was getting cheers at the end of the NXT run and so it makes sense to debut him as a good guy against Ziggler, who everybody hates.

But, it seems clear that the guy who’s character is a rich guy who wants to rule the wrestling world would form a merger with HHH, so he can be on RAW, and not the “B Show”.

I don't disagree there, and I think Roode badly needs to turn heel before he becomes completely irrelevant and that's a good way to do it. However, if Styles is babyface champ and Jinder is moving down, they need a key heel, and Roode is probably your answer, short of moving Joe over. Your scenario has Roode selling out and jumping to Raw, but I can't see him being a bigger priority on Raw as a heel, given what they have over there already, than he could be on Smackdown where the field is a bit more open.  

• Like 1

I think the key issue in the Raw vs Smackdown squabble is that the crowd can't be invested beyond a "Dream match" perspective.  Honestly, so what if Roode turns on Smackdown since neither side is properly motivated.  There are not stakes even for Shane and Stephanie who won't care in 3 months that they won or lost.  I'm not normally a fan of over adding stipulations but the situation could stand to have sticks and carrots added. 

5 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

I don't disagree there, and I think Roode badly needs to turn heel before he becomes completely irrelevant and that's a good way to do it. However, if Styles is babyface champ and Jinder is moving down, they need a key heel, and Roode is probably your answer, short of moving Joe over. Your scenario has Roode selling out and jumping to Raw, but I can't see him being a bigger priority on Raw as a heel, given what they have over there already, than he could be on Smackdown where the field is a bit more open.  

They should move Bray back to SD. He’s lost in the shuffle on raw. Tease the reuniting with bludgeon brothers. Have him work AJ. 

6 minutes ago, just drew said:

They should move Bray back to SD. He’s lost in the shuffle on raw. Tease the reuniting with bludgeon brothers. Have him work AJ. 

I think they mde a mistake moving Bray from SD to begin with, but hey, needed to give Orton a token run and then the shitshow that was the Jinder experiment.

• Like 4

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 12:59 PM, RIPPA said:

So I was doing the quick logic and the potential folks who could turn/cost folks in the Survivor Series matches is lengthy

WOMEN

• Dana Brooke - costs Asuka. Yes the WWE is that stupid

If you have Dana cost Asuka by fighting her outside the ring and getting her counted out she can still cost her the match but keep her pinfall/submission streak in tact. Plus if the RAW Women still win the match, Asuka still gets the win and they can continue to claim she's undefeated

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

until the Royal Rumble

Or the month before when Finn dough to AJ.

That said, the forced brand loyalty works for me since both shows are run by extremely competitive and vindictive McMahons.  Most of the roster would probably rather. not get on their bad sides.

18 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I think they mde a mistake moving Bray from SD to begin with, but hey, needed to give Orton a token run and then the shitshow that was the Jinder experiment.

This, this and this. Horrible booking of the WWE Championship this year. Could say that about WWE's booking this year full stop.

Hope to see Styles vs. Lesnar before my hospital appointment on Monday but I'm trying not to expect much even with a great like AJ Styles in as I'm tired of Brock Lesnar. Lesnar can do better, look at his matches with John Cena, Roman Reigns and the Undertaker (minus the WrestleMania XXX match with 'Taker getting a severe concussion early on).

The Sheild vs. The New Day is the other match I'm most looking forward to.