DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXX

Dolfan in NYC

So as announced, it's Raw champs vs. Smackdown champs and two traditional Survivor Series elimination matches.  So, as of now...

WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPION Brock Lesnar vs. WWE WORLD CHAMPION Jinder Mahal A.J. Styles

WWE RAW WOMYN'S CHAMPION Alexa Bliss vs. WWE SDL WIMMIN'S CHAMPION Natalya Charlotte Flair

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION The Miz vs. WWE UNITED STATES CHAMPION Baron Corbin

WWE RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS The Shield The Bar vs. WWE SDL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS The Usos

5 on 5 Men's Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match - Kurt Angle (c)/Braun Strowman/Jason Jordan HHH/Finn Balor/Samoa Joe vs. Shane McMahon (c)/Randy Orton/Shinsuke Nakamura/Bobby Roode/John Cena 

5 on 5 Women's Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match - Alicia Fox (c)/Nia Jax/Asuka/Sasha Banks/Bayley vs. Becky Lynch (c)/Charlotte Flair Natalya/Naomi/Tamina/Carmella

So if they do Champions vs Champions whose left on both brands to have the Survivor Series Match?

AJ Styles, Randy Orton, Rusev, Sami Zayn and Tye Dillinger vs Braun Strowman, Finn Balor, Kane, Jason Jordan and Cena back for one night only?

Does that sound like a good SS Match?

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I wonder if the will change any titles in the next month, some of those matches look kinda brutal. None are "dream matches" or feel special, in fact they mostly sound pretty dull.

Lesnar hasn't given a shit in forever and Jinder would still look like a jobber even with a motivated Brock so that match has hot garbage written all over it.  Miz/Corbin sounds even worse.  Alexa and Natalya could have a good match but the heel/heel dynamic is going to work against them there.  The tag title match is the only one that sounds halfway decent.

This CW 10 man or Raw is at least giving me hope they're going to do a Team Enzo vs Team Kalisto match.  Sadly it'll probably get relegated to the preshow or given way too little time so they don't blow away all the other matches.

Edit: So we're getting a Shane/Angle rematch now, right?  Or at the very least each of them are going to captain their respective teams.

Yeah, I'd say it's a mortal lock that Shane and Kurt will be on their respective teams.   

I'm thinking Raw is Angle, Reigns, Jordan, & The Bar vs. Shane, Nakamura, Roode, Orton, and Zayn(?)

Dolfan's prediction for the 5 v 5 seems about right. I say Zayn does something like costs Shane the fall to Kurt and Zayn goes on to beat Kurt and SmackDown wins but Shane is still pissed and we get Zayn vs Shane at Clash of Champions.

Although If they don't put the US title on AJ before SS to have Miz vs AJ than I can see AJ in the 5 v 5 unless they give us Finn vs AJ 2 so soon.

34 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Dolfan's prediction for the 5 v 5 seems about right. I say Zayn does something like costs Shane the fall to Kurt and Zayn goes on to beat Kurt and SmackDown wins but Shane is still pissed and we get Zayn vs Shane at Clash of Champions.

Although If they don't put the US title on AJ before SS to have Miz vs AJ than I can see AJ in the 5 v 5 unless they give us Finn vs AJ 2 so soon.

Putting the title on AJ (or really anyone but Corbin) would make that one on one match a lot better and the seeds were planted for such a match with the opening 6 man match on Raw tonight.  If they don't go with that, I wouldn't be surprised if AJ and Finn end up on their brands' teams so we get to see them mix it up again doing the whole "they're friends who respect eachother but are in rival families now" or some such thing.

56 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It already seems like they are pushing KO and Sami not wanting to help SDL/Shane out

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yeah, I'd say it's a mortal lock that Shane and Kurt will be on their respective teams.   

I'm thinking Raw is Angle, Reigns, Jordan, & The Bar vs. Shane, Nakamura, Roode, Orton, and Zayn(?)

Based on that, and his tenure, I could see them adding Ziggler to Team Blue.

Shield vs Uso's will steal the  show. No way Miz and Corbin happens.

. It was so weird the way Angle just came out and said what the matches will be, without the usual build and such. I like where this is going. Bacterial infection saves the day!

Alica Fox should announce her team members being: The Fabulous Moolah, Mae Young's hand child, Chyna's tranny friend Sammy that caused Mark Henry to proclaim, "You got a penis!", Sister Abigail, and Rockin' Robin. That's when Kurt Angle has Alicia Fox committed to the same asylum that housed Ric Flair and Scott Hall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Alica Fox should announce her team members being: The Fabulous Moolah, Mae Young's hand child, Chyna's tranny friend Sammy that caused Mark Henry to proclaim, "You got a penis!", Sister Abigail, and Rockin' Robin. That's when Kurt Angle has Alicia Fox committed to the same asylum that housed Ric Flair and Scott Hall.

That just means she'll bring back Asya as her special mystery team member.

Brock vs Jinder has me intrigued. I mean, having a special ref is garbage and is going to lead to wacky shit but part of me thinks if they allow these two jacked up dudes to bash each other in the face for five minutes it could be fun. 

I don't see any way Sami or Owens get a spot on team SD which leaves them needing something to do on the show.  Maybe Sami wins the US title off of Corbin via some shenanigans.  It would make sense in a storyline standpoint since Sami could never beat Corbin before and now that he's turned a new leaf he can get the win via underhanded means.  He can get a good match out of The Miz and it gives he and Owens something to do with their angle.

Brock/Jinder is going to be the same Brock match we've been seeing for over a year now which means we probably won't have to endure more than 10 minutes of it. I had been thinking about Cena earlier thinking that since he's a free agent aren't both Shane and Kurt able to draft him to their teams?  Does Cena have to be on both teams and take turns wrestling for each side?  Making him ref the World title exhibition match is fine as it keeps him out of participating in any other matches. It also sets up my Wrestlemania match idea which is to have Cena and Brock in a "Loser has to 100% retire and can't even be a part timer anymore" match.