DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 119: Brunson vs. Machida (10/28/2017) - São Paulo, Brazil (Ginásio do Ibirapuera)

Elsalvajeloco

If Kamaru Usman can beat Emil Meek, that's basically two big time prospects who have made strides to be top ten caliber relatively quickly. The funny thing is Usman has basically went his entire UFC run without getting hit. He could either be somehow better than Covington or he may not be all that good in the face of adversity. No one has been all that close in giving a real fight. Meek is a decent fighter, but unless he can clip Usman early, I don't see that going well.

Welterweight is going to have a lot of changeover especially with free agency moves and a lot of the big names finding themselves in the loss column.And as I said in the Cerrone vs. Till thread, just about every notable fighter (or fighters who probably soon will be notable) have either fought recently or already have fight lined up. Certainly, it is shark infested waters at 170.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 12:35 AM, Elsalvajeloco said:

Colby Covington: Great Cheap Heat Heel or Greatest Cheap Heat Heel Ever?

I had issues with Karyn Bryant coming down on Covington's heel antics in the post fight show.

Brazil isn't exactly known for showing that much love for foreign fighters facing hometown guys, especially Americans, so fuck that Sao Paolo crowd. 

Colby was well within his lane to give them a bunch of shit after taking Maia's heart right there in the cage.

If I were Dana, I'd dock Colby a bit from his purse to cover the bill for the extra security that was undoubtedly required to get his ass safely to the airport.  I wouldn't be surprised if Covington's ass was on a flight minutes after the last presser.

Holy fuck, that Dos Santos vs. Griffin fight was the best pier sixer I've seen in a while.  Hard strikes thrown with zero fucks given. and talk about leaving it in the Octagon at the end of the fight.  Jesus...

I am sad that Vincente Luque did not get a performance bonus.  He went to Niko Price's ass for real.