DVDVR Message Board

WWE TLC 2017 POSTSHOW THREAD (aka the one where everyone got sick)

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Black Angel said:

I loved that show...and I don't usually say that so yeah. Also what I'm getting from this is the mumps are the biggest babyface on the roster right?

Mumps gave us Balor vs. AJ, so that makes it a top babyface. At the very least, mumps deserves a Slammy.

10 hours ago, piranesi said:

How do people not love that Kurt is incapable of breaking character no matter where/what he is/doing. This is the guy he is. Heel or face. It doesn't matter what outfit you put him in.

hat.0.png

He is only capable of two emotions: "Clueless happy jock dude" and "guy who will give you a running start before he kills you."

ed0.gif

Just watched Aj vs Balor and Meltzer only gave it 4 1/4 stars but fuck that i'll give it 5 stars. And i'm not even one for star rankings. After watching the match I think we have witnessed Finn Balors coming out party in the WWE, he proved he can go toe to toe with the best the WWE has to offer at a moments notice and deliver. Star making performance of course.

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Just watched Aj vs Balor and Meltzer only gave it 4 1/4 stars but fuck that i'll give it 5 stars. And i'm not even one for star rankings. After watching the match I think we have witnessed Finn Balors coming out party in the WWE, he proved he can go toe to toe with the best the WWE has to offer at a moments notice and deliver. Star making performance of course.

If only he wasn't squashed the next night he could've ran with that.

• Like 1

That's ridiculous. Everything was going good until Kane countered the Coup De Grace. So I get they are building Kane up to feud with Braun Strowman, but couldn't they have gotten the same effect have Kane go out there and have the same match with say a Rhyno?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

That's ridiculous. Everything was going good until Kane countered the Coup De Grace. So I get they are building Kane up to feud with Braun Strowman, but couldn't they have gotten the same effect have Kane go out there and have the same match with say a Rhyno?

Don't worry. I'm sure multiple rematches are in the works, so we can get Demon King vs. Demon Kane. Watch Michael Cole's head explode as he says Demon King and Demon Kane about 500 times throughout the match.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2017 at 11:43 AM, OSJ said:

What the bloody hell is the matter with you? I could have easily watched Finn and A.J. go for an hour. An absolutely terrific match and one that should finally shut up the Finn haters.

If it was so great, what was the story of the match? All I saw was two guys trading moves until one guy went down. And it's not like the individual moves were particularly spectacular.

Admittedly, implying the match wasn't even "good" was a bit harsh. It's not like they were blowing moves or embarrassing themselves out there. But it was definitely unexciting, and probably the low point of the night.

Sometimes just two athletes who are at the top of their games, going out there and busting their asses off to outlast and outperform your opponent in a battle of attrition to see which one of them is the better competitor on that given night is story enough. 

I guess the question then would be whether or not the match (including the selling, both emotional and physical) portrayed that successfully? Did the consequences of the moves create that meaning? Was there logical escalation in counters and momentum shifts? Etc. 

@tbarrie does not seem convinced.

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:21 AM, Web Conn said:

Dave gave the same ****1/4 rating for the TLC main event. Disagree there.

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Dave gave the same ****1/4 rating for the TLC main event. Disagree there.

Hm, no? I don't know the main event was great for different reasons. I don't know 4 1/2 stars! 4 1/2 stars for every one!!! I didn't like Braun being thrown into a dump truck and murdered but other than that I enjoyed the main event a lot.

On 10/27/2017 at 1:58 PM, Matt D said:

I guess the question then would be whether or not the match (including the selling, both emotional and physical) portrayed that successfully? Did the consequences of the moves create that meaning? Was there logical escalation in counters and momentum shifts? Etc. 

@tbarrie does not seem convinced.

Also, I think some posters are predisposed to accept them as "two athletes at the top of their games" based on their work in other territories. Myself, I've only seen their WWE stuff, and Finn has done nothing to impress me. AJ has, but he's kind of shit as a face. So I didn't go into the match with much interest. A great match could overcome that and suck me in anyway, of course. This one didn't.