DVDVR Message Board

THE 2017 WORLD SERIES: HOUSTON @ LOS ANGELES

Dolfan in NYC

Congratulations to the Astros and to to its fans here.  It was one of the best World Series ever and might be the best for all I know.  It was the two best teams in baseball playing to see who's truly number one.  And while I had no stake in the series I was still rooting for Houston to win.  Really happy for them and its fans and have fun celebrating for quite some time.

• Like 1

Lawful Metal will probably not make it into work today.

Good on the Astros to win one for a city desperately in need of a morale boost.

Poor Yu Darvish.  That fast ball he threw that Springer crushed into left center may as well have had his resignation letter stapled to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Lawful Metal will probably not make it into work today.

Good on the Astros to win one for a city desperately in need of a morale boost.

Poor Yu Darvish.  That fast ball he threw that Springer crushed into left center may as well have had his resignation letter stapled to it.

Really don’t want to, but I got clients in jail that want to go to the parade too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's a little amusing to me how today Colin Cowherd has been going off on how analytics are killing the sport of baseball and it's about "manalytics" and it-factor and ragging on Yu Darvish.  When last year he was saying if you don't believe in analytics, you're dumb.  

He also called game 5 sloppy and game 6 was "real baseball" and "real strategy."

16 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

So question, do the likes of Carlos Beltran and Justin Verlander clinch future Baseball Hall of Fame spots with this win?  Barring any unforeseen craziness? 

I would have considered them both to be sure thing HoFers even without the WS win. The WS win pretty much eliminates any existing doubt.

Now, whether they're first ballot guys or not is a different question.

I don't think Verlander is there yet. He's close, but 188-114 with 2500 k's isn't there for me. Neither is Beltran, though his career is closer to over. I think Verlander  can get there, but Beltran won't. . . but that's just me.

6 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I don't think Verlander is there yet. He's close, but 188-114 with 2500 k's isn't there for me. Neither is Beltran, though his career is closer to over. I think Verlander  can get there, but Beltran won't. . . but that's just me.

You realize win-loss records have been greatly diminished in modern baseball right (remember King Felix winning the Cy Young with like 12 wins)? They are considered a poor judge of the quality of a pitcher today.