DVDVR Message Board

THE 2017 WORLD SERIES: HOUSTON @ LOS ANGELES

Dolfan in NYC

I have waited 30+ years for this.  I still remember watching Billy Hatcher's home run in Game 6 of the '86 NLCS, and the awful feeling that came after it when the Mets ultimately won. I still hate Albert Pujols for that home in 2005 that's probably still circling the Earth. This was worth the wait.

• Like 3

I'm genuinely happy for all of the Astros fans. You endured a really shitty rebuild, had faith in the process, and were rewarded by getting to see your team win its first World Series.

Enjoy the moment Lawful Metal, Vile One, and all other Astros fans here! Your joy is going to last a long, long time.

• Like 5

23004781_1713665048657242_78847457923601

This win is especially sweet for me and my little girl.  We've been going to games since she was 5 and this pic is from our first trip to Minute Maid Park.  We were terrible back then.  But she was hooked.  She and I were jumping at the end of the game tonight.  So very happy. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, piranesi said:

five years ago you would have about as much a chance as convincing someone the Astros would soon be world Champions  as you would have had convincing someone the Leicester City would be.

Tickets were really cheap back then too 

• Like 1