DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] OCTOBER 18, 2017 TV SHOW

RIPPA

Ember Moon defeated Ruby Riot and Sonya Deville in a Women's title qualifying match

Aleister Black defeated Raul Mendoza

Kassius Ohno defeated Cezar Bononi

SAnitY and The Undisputed Era went to a no contest due to Authors of Pain returning and destroying folks

Announced for the future

Battle Royal to determine the 4th women in the Takeover Title Match

Johnny Gargano vs. Fabian Aichner (in 2 weeks)

Enjoyable enough show, but they'd be better served keeping Cole out of the ring until Takeover and having him cut promos, which is his strong suit. Cole works best as a Miz-like cocky heel running his mouth. 

Drew's promo was fine but, man...this guy has cut the same promo about being fired for years now. I get that being released from WWE was tough but I mean...get over it. Him being released after being in 3MB is this generation's equivalent of Hunter talking about the fucking Hog Pen. 

Real professional of backstage robo-interviewer #16 to just roll out when Vega jwalked on the set. I get going for something a little different and not just having Almas attack Drew as it's such a cliche, but that whole deal came off a bit awkward. 

3 way was a fun sprint with a nice story being told with Riot jacking up her ankle on the dive leading into the finishing sequence. 

Black/Mendoza was more solid building to the Takeover match with Velveteen Dream.

Cezar/Ohno was...a match.

Main was fine and furthered the idea of Cole being a chicken shit opportunist. Good to see AOP back in the mix. 

On 10/19/2017 at 12:03 PM, Hagan said:

Drew's promo was fine but, man...this guy has cut the same promo about being fired for years now. I get that being released from WWE was tough but I mean...get over it. Him being released after being in 3MB is this generation's equivalent of Hunter talking about the fucking Hog Pen. 

The thing is... he's freakin great at doing that promo. And it works because it doesn't come off like sour grapes but more like a rebirth, phoenix and shit cavorting in the background.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2017 at 2:03 PM, Hagan said:

They're just getting you ready to hear Cole talk about it every single week when Drew gets called up.  Vintage Cole!