DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Pulp Fashion - 10/17/2017

Dolfan in NYC

The good thing about Sami's heel turn is that at least he'll be booked to win matches again.

Sami's entrance music isn't terribly heelish, but I am surprised that DB is right there and hasn't booked Sami to work his old Final Countdown angle and have Sami be annoyed with people in the audience who clap and dance to his anthem of happiness as he comes to ringside.

If there is too much frivolity, Sami could be a dick and cut the music abruptly.

I really hope this builds to Sami turning on KO in something akin to the Friendship Festival. That would be so great and an amazing turnaround on their neverending story. 

Babyface Sami in NXT had an all-time great run. I think his NXT run may have been the best arc anyone has had in WWE/NXT of the decade. It's up there along with Bayley in NXT, The Shield and Daniel Bryan's epic journey. 

But Babyface Sami doesn't work on the main roster. It isn't a matter of him winning or losing matches. It's that the loudest fans in the audience want someone edgier. Daniel Bryan's big run came because he was a great heel in Team Hell No and people got behind the character. Then he fought against the rigged odds, but it's not like he was this pure babyface. He had an edge to him. Sami luring KO into some sort of trap is going to be really huge. In the meantime, he's a GREAT heel. The right kind of sniveling coward.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

The good thing about Sami's heel turn is that at least he'll be booked to win matches again.

Sami's entrance music isn't terribly heelish, but I am surprised that DB is right there and hasn't booked Sami to work his old Final Countdown angle and have Sami be annoyed with people in the audience who clap and dance to his anthem of happiness as he comes to ringside.

If there is too much frivolity, Sami could be a dick and cut the music abruptly.

Honestly I thought he had a subtle but good change going this week. He turned it from a celebratory dance into a sort of strut. There's this air of cockiness to it now that I think works.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2017 at 3:31 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I feel Sami's theme needs more horns. It doesn't quite feel enough like a ska song. More horns would definitely make Sami's theme more upbeat.

I'd prefer that they made it a bit more aggressive but still skankable, like Death by Pitchforks by Random Hand or Doomwatch by T//Alan. Although, a bit more Streetlight Manifesto-esque would be even better.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Subculture said:

I'd prefer that they made it a bit more aggressive but still skankable, like Death by Pitchforks by Random Hand or Doomwatch by T//Alan. Although, a bit more Streetlight Manifesto-esque would be even better.

Being from the hometown of Catch 22/Streetlight Manifesto, I fully support your last sentence. I remember when they were a three piece punk band called Gimp.

• Like 1