DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Pulp Fashion - 10/17/2017

Dolfan in NYC

lol the Viper Eggs got cracked.

Additionally, Sami killed it again with his opening promo. Bryan definitely did his part by looking devastated by every time Sami or Kevin said to him, LOL you're retired.  Who knew Sami was such a good natural heel?

HUG ME!   HOLD ME TIGHT!  <3 <3 <3

I was hoping they would change Sami's upbeat music to reflect his heel turn but now I just want them to make it more upbeat and happy because him sarcastically coming out to it rules.

• Like 4

Admittedly I've fast forwarded a good portion of Smackdown whenever Jinder Mahal is on, but I've been curious about something for a while now. Other than revealing their names, have they said ANYTHING about the Singh brothers? Why they back Jinder up, what kind of relationship they have, etc? 

7 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Admittedly I've fast forwarded a good portion of Smackdown whenever Jinder Mahal is on, but I've been curious about something for a while now. Other than revealing their names, have they said ANYTHING about the Singh brothers? Why they back Jinder up, what kind of relationship they have, etc? 

You know better and know the answer to this.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

Man, the reactions Rusev gets when he comes out, how has he not been repackaged as American Rusev: he just wants to have fun! yet?  He's got such great comedic timing, like when English started singing and he shut him down.  So good.  They should put him back with Lana, as an all-American Russo-Bulgarian couple.

Also, this show ran under, right?  Like the awkward way Orton and Nakamura just stood there while Sami and Owens came back out and (Seemingly) ad-libbed some heelish lines was cool but unlike any WWE endings I've seen in a while.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, caley said:

Man, the reactions Rusev gets when he comes out, how has he not been repackaged as American Rusev: he just wants to have fun! yet?  He's got such great comedic timing, like when English started singing and he shut him down.  So good.  They should put him back with Lana, as an all-American Russo-Bulgarian couple.

Also, this show ran under, right?  Like the awkward way Orton and Nakamura just stood there while Sami and Owens came back out and (Seemingly) ad-libbed some heelish lines was cool but unlike any WWE endings I've seen in a while.

That felt like whoever was timing the show fucked up because it was like they rushed them to the back because they figured they had to record the wait till your father gets home, I mean Shane comes back next week and then realized they had like a minute or two left and sent them back out.  That really felt like the set up to a dark angle where the faces get their heat back on the heels to send most of the crowd home happy who aren't sticking around for 205 live.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Fashion Files is the most entertaining The Ascension have been since they debuted. Which means they'll be future endeavored in 6 weeks. 

That implies they were actually entertaining when they debuted.  They showed something on Southpaw too.  They come off as guys who can be super talented when they are left to their own devices.

• Like 1

Already ignoring/forgetting that Jinder pinned AJ in May. Not a fan of AJ going from losing clean to Corbin to suddenly challenging for the WWE title. Nor the obsession with Corbin losing to lower card guys. Corbin's theme now sounds like next level stuff to complete the package of him being a top guy but he just gets made to look like a goof at every opportunity. Ziggler/Roode was way shorter than expected. Not the best of shows.