DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK SEVEN

RIPPA

This may have been the worst Sunday for football I've ever seen. Blowouts, 3 shutouts, a game where neither team could score 1 motherfucking touchdown and one of those teams was the Browns. 

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Not to be all Bill Simmons but Carolina.  Are we sure they're good? I'm not too excited about anyone in the NFC actually.  You know what,  if I had to bet right now on the NFC representative for the Super Bowl,  I think I'd bet Seattle. 

They were supposed to be, but now we've got the injury rotations starting and it's just ugly. The pieces are there, they just aren't even on the field during the same game.

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

This may have been the worst Sunday for football I've ever seen. Blowouts, 3 shutouts, a game where neither team could score 1 motherfucking touchdown and one of those teams was the Browns. 

The only good game was BUf-TB, andit had the smallest audience. I only saw it because I went to a sports bar. . .

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Considering it's a bye week, I'm guessing the Giants finally part ways with Mcadoo today?

I would be floored if they fired McAdoo since the Giants HATE to fire people midseason.

They also tend to be slow to admit mistakes. Heck Ray Handley got two full fucking seasons.

34 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Considering it's a bye week, I'm guessing the Giants finally part ways with Mcadoo today?

Also, Hue Jackson on the same chopping block come next Monday?

I'm split on the Hue Jackson thing.  He's been bad, but he may have the worst group of quarterbacks of anyone in the last decade.  I am not saying this, but I'm just entertaining this as a thought exercise...RGIII is the best quarterback he's had since taking the Cleveland job(OK, I'm saying it.).  Even  if the quarterbacks were average, the best receiver on the team is a running back.  The second best receiver is a rookie tight end.  The defense is not bad, but the offense turns the ball over so much it doesn't even matter.  How much of that is actually the head coaches fault, when they've pretty much told everyone they are tanking the last two years?

Frankly, I think, unless Cleveland can trade him to someone like the Patriots, he may just call it a career.   

Pro Bowler every year he has been in the league, 10300+ consecutive snaps (a record that may never be broken).  He's got nothing to prove and should easily coast into the Hall from here. 

His injury makes me think of something some player on Twitter was saying in defense of his contract: "I'm doing a job with a 100% injury rate. I need to make all the money I can, while I can."  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Since we all wisely avoided watching the game - Vontaze Burfict is gonna get suspended again as he attempted to kick someone in the head yesterday

Rappaport just announced Burfict will not be suspended for this incident. However, the NFL is "reviewing the play for possible discipline." 

21 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

The funny part about Trubisky is last week he had 8 completions and they won. Who said this was a passing league.

And in his debut, where he had as many completions as he's had in his second and third starts combined. . .they lost.