DVDVR Message Board

We Will Never Stop Talking About Kaep

Dolfan in NYC

Right now New Balance and Reebok is excited in the spike of sales among uppity white people

Right now sneakerheads who have about 20 Jordans in their closest hope they are so triggered.  Maybe walk about with a MAGA hat if you find those really pricey ones ?

28 minutes ago, muhammedboehm said:

Do all the people cutting off the swooshes off there socks or buring there nike gear not get the nike doesn't care since you already paid for that stuff?

I don't think they thought that far ahead.  I mean,  we are talking about dudes who are going to have to be pulling their socks up all day.  

29 minutes ago, muhammedboehm said:

Do all the people cutting off the swooshes off there socks or buring there nike gear not get the nike doesn't care since you already paid for that stuff?

I had no idea who John Rich was BEFORE I saw his tweet about his roadie or tech guy doing that. I somehow have less desire to listen to a Big and Rich song or whatever the fuck that is.

Also, trying to avoid Nike (or any major clothing apparel) is like avoiding fast food and any processed foods. Reebok/Adidas and UnderArmor all have people who have spoken out against systematic white supremacy and police brutality. Puma has Rihanna and she is as neo-liberal as they come. 

Do people make their own clothes and shoes anymore? 

15 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I had no idea who John Rich was BEFORE I saw his tweet about his roadie or tech guy doing that. I somehow have less desire to listen to a Big and Rich song or whatever the fuck that is.

Also, trying to avoid Nike (or any major clothing apparel) is like avoiding fast food and any processed foods. Reebok/Adidas and UnderArmor all have people who have spoken out against systematic white supremacy and police brutality. Puma has Rihanna and she is as neo-liberal as they come. 

Do people make their own clothes and shoes anymore? 

I think Big E did it best when he replied someone who posted a picture of his Converse and said the guys tweet was something like Converse has always been better then Nike. Big E replied with something like...But Nike owns...oh never mind.

• Like 1

I love how much conviction they have against Nike right now that they will cut off the swoosh on their socks.  You know instead of going to fucking Wal Mart and spending about $20 on a 6 pack of new socks not with the Nike brand on them   

John Rich is part of the group that sings the opening song on the ESPN College Gameday show.   Which will be awkward.   Not as awkward that they have a black guy in their group but still 

52 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I love how much conviction they have against Nike right now that they will cut off the swoosh on their socks.  You know instead of going to fucking Wal Mart and spending about $20 on a 6 pack of new socks not with the Nike brand on them   

John Rich is part of the group that sings the opening song on the ESPN College Gameday show.   Which will be awkward.   Not as awkward that they have a black guy in their group but still 

Even better do we have any idea what his favorite school is? Cause we all know its going to end up being a Nike school

On 8/31/2018 at 5:48 PM, Tabe said:

Yeah, at least the top-level group running futbol isn't completely corrupt.  

Both leagues are corrupt as all hell but at this point FIFA is the lesser of two evils for me.  I know they do very shitty things but at least when watching futbol I have an easier time just forgetting about all that and enjoying the game.  I'm sure the more I look into it the more likely I'll be to stop them too, but for now I'm good.

There's no way people that trash their Nike stuff have much rational thought going along with that.  But if they want to trash stuff they spent a good amount of money on that's just money they're setting on fire.  They could have just sold all that a flea market for cheap to at least get some money back.  All I know is is I'm wearing Nike socks (didn't know about all this until today) and I feel rather good about that.

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Both leagues are corrupt as all hell but at this point FIFA is the lesser of two evils for me.  I know they do very shitty things but at least when watching futbol I have an easier time just forgetting about all that and enjoying the game.  I'm sure the more I look into it the more likely I'll be to stop them too, but for now I'm good.

There's no way people that trash their Nike stuff have much rational thought going along with that.  But if they want to trash stuff they spent a good amount of money on that's just money they're setting on fire.  They could have just sold all that a flea market for cheap to at least get some money back.  All I know is is I'm wearing Nike socks (didn't know about all this until today) and I feel rather good about that.

Look, the NFL does all types of questionable at best things, but FIFA is way worse.  There is a book called 40 million dollar slaves about how professional athletes are treated in America, but over in Qatar FIFA seems to be using actual slave labor to build facilities for the world cup.  I think FIFA is by far the most corrupt sports "league," followed by the NCAA, and then the NFL.  

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/25/revealed-qatars-world-cup-slaves

• Like 3

Goddamn that's fucked up.  Forget about lesser of two evils.

Moving on, I am glad that regardless of what happens Kaep has the Nike partnership going on.  I don't know when they'll start with the advertising but it'll be interesting to see people's reactions.  Will need to read up more about this.

Nike should show a Kaep commercial twice a quarter for every single NFL game.  If the NFL tries to get them to stop, send any correspondence to Kaep's lawyer in his collusion case.  Speaking of, these dudes do not want to go to court, but I don't see Kaep taking a payoff.  This is going to get ugly for the NFL, who as far as I can see, don't have a legal leg to stand on.  Not only that, most of these dudes aren't exactly legal scholars, it's only a matter of time before someone like Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder says something stupid which is going to fuck everybody's money up.  John Elway pretty much already said something that was able to be picked apart in about 3 seconds by the "legal scholars*" on Twitter.

*By legal scholars, I mean anyone who knows basic arithmetic and has access to a calendar.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:11 PM, elizium said:

It's just awkwardly worded because Rovell is a robot. Nike kept up his sponsorship and just waited to announce it publicly. And they're using a new ad campaign to make that announcement.

Kind of cool, but it might have been cooler if they announced a year ago that they were standing by him through all of this.

The element of surprise is great, though. And unless Goodell and Co. want to be sued into the third circle of Hell, they'll have to deal with looking at Kaep's face while every player wears Nike-branded jerseys.

• Like 1

On that subject, I had to stop my stepsons dumbass friend from destroying a couple of mine and his shirts. "But Kaep disrespected our country." "Yeah? I'm gonna disrespect your face if you don't put my shit down."

Edit: BTW he's 19. I wouldn't say that to a kid.

11 minutes ago, Black Angel said:

On that subject, I had to stop my stepsons dumbass friend from destroying a couple of mine and his shirts. "But Kaep disrespected our country." "Yeah? I'm gonna disrespect your face if you don't put my shit down."

Edit: BTW he's 19. I wouldn't say that to a kid.

Wait so your stepsons friend isnt ok with Kaep 'disrespecting our country' but doesnt mind disrespecting someone else property?