DVDVR Message Board

We Will Never Stop Talking About Kaep

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, muhammedboehm said:

Wait so your stepsons friend isnt ok with Kaep 'disrespecting our country' but doesnt mind disrespecting someone else property?

That's what I'm saying. But it's this weird suburb we live in. A lot of the people that live here are like that.

• 5 months later...

People on Twitter are mad at him for asking for $20 mill to play in a minor league football league.  If you were him, how much money would it take for you to take the field with a bunch of dudes without a damn thing to lose?  $20 million seems to cheap to me.

I mean, if your greiveance is "No one will give me a look because X", and their argument is "We won't give you a look because you suck", playing a year in Minor League to prove you DON'T suck might've helped your case.  

Looks like the settlement is under a confidentially agreement, so it'll be YEARS before we know if Kaep got paid or if he fucked himself over.

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I mean, if your greiveance is "No one will give me a look because X", and their argument is "We won't give you a look because you suck", playing a year in Minor League to prove you DON'T suck might've helped your case.  

Looks like the settlement is under a confidentially agreement, so it'll be YEARS before we know if Kaep got paid or if he fucked himself over.

I don't know what the average salary for an AAF contract is, but it's not enough for someone who doesn't need the money.  If he dominates that league, the NFL can still say he's not good enough to play in their league.  If he gets hurt, he got hurt playing for pennies on the dollar of his actual worth as a football player.  

He got paid, and I'm willing to bet it is upwards of $100 million dollars.  Nothing but bad could have come out of discovery, depositions, and a trial for the NFL.  There is no way he could afford to buy the NFL's silence, so it is easy to assume that they are buying his.  There is nothing in the world they could say that would hold up in court about why no one gave him an opportunity to play over the last few years.  When they kept running Peterman out there, or when the R's signed Josh Johnson, they pretty much confirmed all of his claims.   The NFL has enough money that they could pay for this to go away, and Kaepernick had enough patience and principle to make that price tag extra high.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Raziel said:

He doesn't have to prove anything he already did. There are several starting QBs who are less accomplished.

• Like 2

If anyone thinks this is anything other than a massive loss for the NFL, remember how far they were willing to take Tom Fucking Brady over some deflated footballs.  They spent over $22 million dollars trying to prove Tom Brady, the most accomplished quarterback in league history, was a cheater.  Sure, they just decided to cave on Kaepernick, who is so well liked, when they could have drug this out until they broke him.  There are people who are really trying to argue that the NFL could have won this...I don't get it.

• Like 1

I have no idea if it could've blown up the CBA, but they clearly saw this going to the final hearing, and whatever evidence Kap and Reid have possibly becoming public, as a threat to their bottom line. 

Assuming the 60-80 figure is accurate, that's somewhere around $2-2.5 million per owner, which is great for Kap, but something they can all easily live with. 

I'm certainly no law expert, but had they gone to discovery yet? Because like the previous posts, there must have been something explosive that they didn't want public. Good for Kaep (and Reid), as they get a good payout without the hassle of going to a conclusion and then appeals and that shit. . .

I'm definitely not a lawyer, but what I understand:

It was a grievance, not a lawsuit, being handled by arbitration, not going to court.

They already had some hearings, and the arbitrator already made one major ruling against the NFL when he declined to dismiss the grievance. Reportedly the final hearing was scheduled for this month, and now the NFL blinked. Kap's team deposed Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft, the old bastard that owned the Texans before he died, amongst others. It's not known if they got to depose Goodell's wife or Trump, but they requested both.

I also tend to think Trump fueling the collusion against Kaep would have been really bad for hom as well. I think the owners basically had to cover their asses and president fuckstick's as well. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Remember that workout that the NFL threw together at the last second for Kaepernick that looked like a blatant PR stunt?   

Well it was.  After being asked about it yesterday, Goddell blamed him for not getting any offers. 

“I haven’t thought about this in a few weeks,” Goodell said. “This was, as I’ve said to you before, about creating an opportunity. Which Colin’s representatives came out in early October [with a list of false narratives about Kaepernick], and we created that opportunity. It was a unique opportunity, incredible opportunity, and he chose not to take it. I understand that. And, you know, we’ve moved on.”

Excuse me, I must find pearls, and clutch them. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Remember that workout that the NFL threw together at the last second for Kaepernick that looked like a blatant PR stunt?   

Well it was.  After being asked about it yesterday, Goddell blamed him for not getting any offers. 

Excuse me, I must find pearls, and clutch them. 

There is no reason whatsoever for Kaep to trust the NFL, Goodell, or any of their intentions.  Them calling him on a Tuesday about a workout on a day where anyone of consequence is unavailable, and giving him 2 hours to  decide is about as shady of a situation as they could have presented him with.  He still showed up and was going to participate with a bunch of strangers, until they wanted him to sign away his rights as an employee before his "interview."  I'm sure there are people who would sign that waiver, but I'm willing to bet none of those people stand for anything.  Like him or not, you can't claim that Kaepernick doesn't stand for something, and they knew damn well he wasn't going to sign that shit.

• Like 4