DVDVR Message Board

We Will Never Stop Talking About Kaep

Dolfan in NYC

Disregarding Kaep for a moment, the fact the Packers didn't pick up any of the other dregs out there on the FA market considering all we had is Hundley and Callahan shows you how little they think of any of the possible "talent".

Tom Savage needs to change his last name. Motherfucker just stands there. Is he even a football player? How did he even make it to the NFL?

Funniest thing I heard this week about the Texans QBs was on the Fantasy Footballers podcast. One of them says, "if you put Tim Savage, Matt Mcgloin, and TJ Yates together, you'd have about 60% of Deshaun Watson."

The response - "60%? They're more like 40% of Brian Hoyer."

So yeah, unless they want the draft pick, they'll need a better QB.

6 hours ago, Death From Above said:

It's an interesting litmus test. Will any amount of picks mean one will not be CURSED as a Brown or are they all simply doomed the moment their name is called?

Joe Thomas alone stood up to this curse.

• 6 months later...

So, this is a bump-worthy reason...  Colin Kaepernick's blackballing lawsuit against the NFL has reached the deposition phase.  

His lawyer has said that at least one owner has testified, under oath, that his mind was directly changed as a result of the President's attacks on the NFL.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/nfl-owner-testifies-under-oath-that-he-changed-his-mind-about-hiring-kaepernick-after-trumps-comments/

So when this is amended to include Federal civil rights violations against a sitting President, well now you know why...  

Boy, oh boy, oh boy....

• Like 6

You have to wonder if they cut their losses at some point and just settle with a NDA. I know its a tall order because they have to get their heads out of their asses first, but once shit like that hits the public record. . . . 

I don't think there's anything stopping this and it would be dumb for Kaep to even settle for an NDA at this point. His case is becoming more and more of a slam dunk. And now it's turning into something even bigger. You think Kaep isn't going to bend everyone over backwards?

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

He was offered a contract... in 2016... before Kap started kneeling. And oh yeah, for $5 million less per year than if he'd stayed with the Niners (which he sensibly did).

Of course this isn't stopping the usual troglodytes from running with the BLARGH KAP IS A HIPPOCRITE BLARGH angle.

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

He was offered a contract... in 2016... before Kap started kneeling. And oh yeah, for $5 million less per year than if he'd stayed with the Niners (which he sensibly did).

Of course this isn't stopping the usual troglodytes from running with the BLARGH KAP IS A HIPPOCRITE BLARGH angle.

I think they offered him a contract that was less valuable over 2 years than the one he opted in for his last year with the 49ers.  Also look at the hoops they jumped through to sign Brock Osweiler...after he left for more money with the Texans.

It is almost a little hard to believe this stuff all started 2 years & 2 days ago. It seems like it's been going on for longer.  

But when the only possible defense, no matter how damp-toilet-tissue-flimsy, for your dumbass position is "I confused an April pre-draft trade attempt/renegotiation with events the following August - 'A' months, right?", well, then, you're a fucking idiot. Clearly, he should angle for a Cabinet position.

• 2 weeks later...

The wrestling bubble got me as at first I thought it was WWE's Robinson (too early for me, I need coffee or something)

But I'm glad this didn't get thrown out.  At this point Kaep will never need to play again if he so desires, barring something weird he's going to come out of this set for life.    I'm hoping though that along with monetary payment that this forces NFL to look really hard at the shit they've pulled in regards to this.  Ideally they'd change for the better but until this gets sorted out instead of watching football I'll be watching futbol.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The wrestling bubble got me as at first I thought it was WWE's Robinson (too early for me, I need coffee or something)

But I'm glad this didn't get thrown out.  At this point Kaep will never need to play again if he so desires, barring something weird he's going to come out of this set for life.    I'm hoping though that along with monetary payment that this forces NFL to look really hard at the shit they've pulled in regards to this.  Ideally they'd change for the better but until this gets sorted out instead of watching football I'll be watching futbol.

Yeah, at least the top-level group running futbol isn't completely corrupt.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It's just awkwardly worded because Rovell is a robot. Nike kept up his sponsorship and just waited to announce it publicly. And they're using a new ad campaign to make that announcement.

Kind of cool, but it might have been cooler if they announced a year ago that they were standing by him through all of this.

• Like 1