DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Glenn Jacobs for Mayor - 10/16/2017

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

The Alliance to End Romanmania needs more Tony Lister.

Isn't he dead? Seriously, I recall that he died a few years ago. Or am I just confusing him with Jeep Swenson (who I know is dead)?

21 minutes ago, MADCAP said:

I wish I was eloquent enough to explain the difference between Enzo and Miz's mic work is, but bottom line is, Enzo came off as organic while Miz is a cookie cutter corporate heel. 

Easy: Miz reads lines while Enzo inhales them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, MADCAP said:

I wish I was eloquent enough to explain the difference between Enzo and Miz's mic work is, but bottom line is, Enzo came off as organic while Miz is a cookie cutter corporate heel. 

I would disagree with cookie cutter.  The material he's given is, but he has clearly taken the time to do the training to figure out how to make it effective.  Cookie cutter in WWE would be to treat those lines like HHH with long pauses (to remember the next bit) in between and lots of heavy breathing and silent staring.  Miz does none of that.

The amazing thing I find about his promos is this momentum they have. he always starts off smug like "I'm a bullshit heel whose going to lie through his face right now and we all know I don't mean any of it and I'm just a fake asshole."

But then at some point he hits a moment where his own bullshit hits a truth that really does bother him and at that point he gets really emotional and loses his temper for real and it all starts to feel a lot more free-wheeling even though it's probably tightly scripted.

That, my friends, is called "acting" and that, in the WWE, is a special thing.

• Like 6

The Kane return was surprising, but I still have no desire to watch Kane wrestle in 2017.

It does add an element of interest to the match of whether or not anyone will help the Shield. Maybe a returning Samoa Joe or the Authors of Pain who are already dressed for the occasion.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pete said:

I just want to know if Jacobs' opponents will demand equal time. Think of that faction!

"i demand a chance to beat up Roman Reigns too."

In other news in a bid to compete with Kane teaming with Braun, his mayoral opponent brings Abyss to a campaign rally.