DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Glenn Jacobs for Mayor - 10/16/2017

Dolfan in NYC

22 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

No, in kayfabe The Demon Kane traveled from the flames of hell to underneath the ring. I think he got momentarily lost trying to navigate through The Demon King Balor's pumpkin patch though. 

He also stopped at Chicago's Comiskey Park looking for "The Demon" Dale Torborg.

Side tangent: I'm never referring to that park as Guaranteed Rate Field.

• Like 1

That was the best episode in a whwile with a good crowd into everything and nothing particularly bad.

Glad the Shield was back in the old gear. The tag titles match wad another good match between Ambrose/Rollins and the Bar.

Really dug the Fox/Sasha stuff tonight.

The main was fun as expected. I kind of love Kane being the fifth guy. It was actually surprising, and there is plenty of story there with Roman retiring Taker and Kane being one of their debut opponents. I'm trying to figure out how the hell they got him in the middle of an election.

• Like 2

Unhinged Fox is the best Fox so I enjoyed her match and segment with Sasha. They’ve got good chemistry so should be a decent match at TLC.

I enjoyed the women’s tag Too even if all signs point to Alexa retaining now. The Raw women’s division is the most interesting it’s been in a long time. 

• Like 1

Marked out for Kane's return, that was awesome and something unexpected for a change. Dig the remix theme too. It's gonna be so ridiculous now when the Shield wins.

Love Alexa & Emma as a team, excellent heels. Now if they'd stop having Nia randomly turn on Alexa or Emma randomly turn on Alicia, there would be a perfect heel stable with those 4. Emma's latest theme is growing on me.

• Like 1

I have to admit.  That may be the first time in forever (Dallas RAW in 2000?) that Kane made a surprise return and I didn't roll my eyes.  I thought it was pretty awesome.  This went from an "eh, I'll just read the results later" to a "I really want to see this" show.  I give WWE all the credit in the world for making what looked like a wasted Shield reunion a few weeks ago into what could be a VERY fun match.

I know nothing about how Kane is doing in the campaign, but I don't see how this means anything one way or another.  This could easily just be a one-and-done on Sunday. 

Now if he stays...

28 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The Bar continue to be lowkey 2017 MVP candidates. Another stellar match with Rollins and Ambrose, who themselves seem to have found new life in their tandem. High marks. 

Tag team wrestling has been one of the few bright spots on the main roster this year. Get well soon, Dawson! 

In full agreement.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Maybe they finally beat me down to liking something that isn't good, but I liked that ending a lot. More than any sane human should.

No I'm with you.  I liked the ending a lot. It was the best use of Kane in a long time and it made perfect sense for him to be there.  I guess that's all I really ask.  I didn't think Braun looked weak either,  there was no clear winner prior to Kane showing up.  Now obviously the heels will find a way to blow this but I think the match itself is very intriguing.  I fucking love this Miz team. 

Someone compared it to the Heenan family and I can totally see that.  You got your big monsters,  your badass heel tag team and a total prick douchebag I.C. champion.  

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The Bar continue to be lowkey 2017 MVP candidates. Another stellar match with Rollins and Ambrose, who themselves seem to have found new life in their tandem. High marks. 

Tag team wrestling has been one of the few bright spots on the main roster this year. Get well soon, Dawson! 

Ambrose and Rollins work together so much better than apart. I hope they never split them again.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The Bar continue to be lowkey 2017 MVP candidates.

Yep, they've been my favourite guys to watch this year, both in ring and promos, though closely followed by The Usos.

34 minutes ago, Victator said:

I'm assuming this ends with Braun killing Miz for the IC belt. 

I've been predicting that Miz tries to order Braun around leading to Braun putting him through a table and walking out on the team so Shield get the win.  However the team numbers seem to be leading to a traditional Survivor Series match between the two factions (probably with Big Show and someone else joining The Shield) as a blowoff, so who knows.

• Like 1

Big Show and a reluctant "is he with us or not" Joe on the face side. Turn it into a War Games match.

Next night Angle can have the winners fight for a title shot at the Rumble.

Brock defends against Wyatt in agarbage brawl while Balor disappears to reset for a Rumble return and finally forms the Club to go after the Miz-tourage and the IC title.

The election hasn't happened yet.  Most likely Jacobs is there for a victory lap to celebrate 20 years since Kane's debut on October 5th, 1997 and getting some publicity to help his mayoral bid can't hurt.

• Like 1