DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

In fairness, Lakers were facing a summer league team, so Lonzo clearly felt more comfortable.  The spark is there though.  I haven't watched any media, they are still taking to his FUCKING DAD?  Ugh.  I say this as a member of the media.  The media is the fucking worst.

• Like 3

Dwight fucking murdered the Hawks last night.

Little known fact: statistically, at least, Howard was actually really good last year. He was a better defender than Gobert.

But he has to be the NBA all-time leader in number of teammates who have hated him.

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Little known fact: statistically, at least, Howard was actually really good last year. He was a better defender than Gobert.

But he has to be the NBA all-time leader in number of teammates who have hated him.

What numbers are you looking at? Gobert was on a whole other level.

http://stats.nba.com/players/defense-dash-lt6/?sort=PLUSMINUS&dir=-1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular Season&PlayerPosition=C

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/year/2017/sort/DRPM/position/9

On 10/20/2017 at 8:22 AM, RIPPA said:

It isn't a surprise but this is going to be a long fucking season if we are going to be interviewing LaVar Ball after every fucking game

It amazes me that a board full of wrestling fans all seem to hate Lavar working everyone like the top heel in the L.A. territory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Of course he did, its October with nothing on the line. . . .

6 hours ago, Cole Miner said:

My mistake, I meant to say better rebounder.

Antetokounmpo is putting up gaudy numbers so far. He's clearly taken another step with his scoring. 44 points tonight (17/23!) and a game winning block against the Blazers. The block followed a steal and finish.

Spoiler

He's my favourite player in the league but even I thought MVP talk in the offseason was early...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Antetokounmpo is putting up gaudy numbers so far. He's clearly taken another step with his scoring. 44 points tonight (17/23!) and a game winning block against the Blazers. The block followed a steal and finish.

Reveal hidden contents

He's my favourite player in the league but even I thought MVP talk in the offseason was early...

I was just about to post the same. It might become his league starting immediately. WTF with that game tonight?

If the playoffs started now, Golden State would be the 11th seed.  They need to tank NOW! 1-2 record, Steph Curry throwing his mouth guard at a ref.  What a thug! Sad!

@RandomAct I wouldn't hold that game against the Mavs.  There was a lot of good juju going around in Houston last night.  They just wanted to make sure the Rockets game was over in time for people to watch Game 7.  DeAndre Hopkins was in the building too to shoot the first shot (which he made - sending $5000 to a abused children charity). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

If the playoffs started now, Golden State would be the 11th seed.  They need to tank NOW! 1-2 record, Steph Curry throwing his mouth guard at a ref.  What a thug! Sad!

LOL at the Memphis dancers as Curry and Durant walk by. 

The best part about that is that they were going to lose whether he stayed in the game or not. I know it's ridiculous, but I've always had trouble liking Curry because of the gross way he chews his mouthguard. So anytime I see him get in trouble over it, brings great joy to my heart.

In Bulls News, Lauri Markkanen didn't suck again. Got a double double with 14 pts, 12 rebounds. His shot wasn't falling from three, so he actually ADJUSTED, and attacked the rim. Then he was able to hit threes again. 

He better wear a helmet when Bobby Portis starts practicing again.

5 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

@RandomAct I wouldn't hold that game against the Mavs.  There was a lot of good juju going around in Houston last night.  They just wanted to make sure the Rockets game was over in time for people to watch Game 7.  DeAndre Hopkins was in the building too to shoot the first shot (which he made - sending $5000 to a abused children charity). 

Also we suck lol

Sooo, LaVar Ball guaranteed the Lakers wouldn't lose to DC.

"Washington coming in here Wednesday, they better beware cause Lonzo ain't losing again," Ball said after the Lakers loss to the Pelicans Sunday evening. "Not in the same week!"

Washington center Marcin Gortat didn't take his comments lightly and quickly responded to Ball in a tweet saying "man..... pleaseeeeee!!! @JohnWall will torture him for 48min." Gortat also replied to another tweet saying "He will kill his son one day."

He may be right about the last part.