DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

Brian Windhurst was on LeBatard's show yesterday talking about a play where Isiah Thomas decided he wanted to post someone up and LeBron was standing so far away from the play that he wasn't even on the television screen.  I knew right then and there that IT was gone.  The Kyrie trade is going to go down as one of the worst trades in NBA history, unless that Brooklyn pick turns into the next LeBron.  

10 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

To me, if the Lakers are taking Thomas, they're giving up on getting LeBron.  You knew the Lakers weren't keeping Clarkson, so I'm fine with the trade even if Thomas hasn't exactly been lighting it up lately.

IT's on an expiring contract and given his injury/attitude issues this year I don't think he's got a great shot to be re-signed.  

31 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

TRAAAAAAADE DEEEEAAAADLIIIIIINE DAAAAAAAYYYYY.

Lakers sending Clarkson and Nance to the Cavs for IT, Frye, and a protected first.

Bulls sending Jameer Nelson to Detroit for Willie Reed.

Those certainly are trades that are happening.  I'm hoping this year will be like the deadline a couple years back where all the shit went down like 10 minutes before the deadline.

Definitely not as important as the IT news, but Willie Reed has already been waived.

Well, the onus is on Thomas, because if he sucks in LA too, then yeah, he's obviously gone.  If he shows signs of returning to form, I don't know if I'd be so quick to dump him.  And you would think Thomas would have some motivation, because if his poor play continues, I don't know how much he's gonna get as a free agent.

I love IT but he's run his course in other locker rooms before, too. And he's awful on defense.

I love how they blew that team the fuck up though. They weren't going anywhere. You might as well reset everything with however many games are left and see if this sticks. Hood/Clarkson/Nance are all really great "What would they be on a good team?" dice rolls. George Hill is also really solid. 

That Kyrie trade was just so f'n dumb. Just let him ride out one more year and see what happens. 

10 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

I retract my "Thomas having motivation" statement from earlier.  Jesus.

It's especially crazy because being a Lou Williams-type bench scorer is probably the best possibly role for IT right now.

The Denver Nuggets are trading guard Emmanuel Mudiay to the New York Knicks as part of a three-team deal that includes the Dallas Mavericks, league sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Knicks will send Doug McDermott to the Mavericks, and Denver will acquire Devin Harris and a future second-round pick from Dallas, league sources told ESPN.

The trade deadline is gone, long live the trade deadline.  Some other stuff that happened:

-Elfrid Payton to Phoenix for a 2nd round pick

-Vonleh to Chicago for a 2nd round pick and cash.

• Like 1

Pistons got some perimeter help that they desperately needed. Nelson helps solidify point especially while Jackson is out, Ennis can at least got the three at a good percentage. I don't think they're suddenly a contender but they hopefully have the horses to make the playoff push.

They'd be a fascinating first round for Boston given that the Celtics struggle on the glass and Andre Drummond has a history of going off in Boston for whatever reason. 

15 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

So when do the buyouts begin

Pretty much immediately.  I think deadline for signing a player so they can make the playoff roster is March 1 so the next 3 weeks will be interesting.