DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

Bah, I'm a Celtics fan and no way I'd say they're better than Houston or GS. 

That said, I hadn't looked at Son of Tweedledumber's slash line before and HOLY SHIT he's a terrible shooter! In every facet! Michael Carter-Williams must finally feel like the pressure's off a little bit!

People bleat about gambling leading to fixed games, and while that has happened this needs to be remembered: legalized above the board gambling will make that much easier to detect. It's less easy when you are dealing with Vinnie the Chin from the local mob branch under the table.

Cousins is officially out for the year with a ruptured achillies and that is incredibly sad for him and this season as a whole. I felt the Pelicans were starting to come around. Cousins and Davis were putting up monster numbers. Holiday was playing well.  Rondo is okay.  Now they are screwed.  Hopefully Boogie will be okay.  

10 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Kinda sleeping on the real news with Cousins potentially out the rest of the season with a torn ACL trying to get his own missed free throw with the game all but over.

Yeah I realized that after.  I didn't watch the game and only saw the final score.  That's horrible.  Feel so bad for Boogie, especially for that to happen on such a non-important play.  Countdown to Anthony Davis being traded to the Cavs or Warriors?

Kinda weird how when one guy goes down, another seems to follow, but Andre Roberson looks to be done for the season now too after his knee collapsed on an alley-oop.  The video isn't graphic at all, but Andre lying there not selling the pain yet you can see in his face that he knows that it is BAD is so heartbreaking.

5 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Joakim Noah apparently had to be restrained from fighting Jeff Hornacek at practice this weekend, so it appears the Knicks/Noah relationship is done once they figure out the buyout.

If he told Noah that he should be in jail for stealing money from MSG he'd be my favorite Knicks coach besides Red Holtzman ever (I know Riley had great success but as a person he's a complete scumbag, particularly after hearing from the people at my alma mater Purchase College where the team used to practice).

17 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Seems like you guys got a top 10 or so player for a bunch of good but unspectacular pieces.

I get that, but he's on a massive contract when we're already paying Andre Drummond out the nose. Blake has yet to play a full season, on top of that. We've got Reggie Jackson covering that angle already. 

We need a damn point guard. We'll see how it all plays out, but as it stands, I don't get it.

Blake is like a point forward. Great handles and vision for a forward. His outside touch has improved a lot as well. Only thing stopping him from being a top 5 player in the league is his health. I think it's a risk worth taking at that price.

Blake's contract is crazy.  He's going to be making well into $30M's per season until 2022.  The Clippers aren't going to keep Bradley or Harris.  Bradley is a FA after the year.  This is just about dumping Blake's contract and starting over with picks or young players.   Jordan and Lou are the next to go.  

That said,  it's a solid deal for the Pistons if Blake can stay on the court.  They kept all their young guys and Blake and Drummond could be a force.  Detroit can't exactly lure potential top 10 players to the city with any consistency so this is the kind of move they almost have to make.  It's a gamble.  

• Like 1

Smith*/Kennard/Johnson/Griffin/Drummond starting five isn't bad on paper, but there bench is now decimated. And it wasn't very deep before this.

*Jackson getting back will improve both, but...

The only way the Pistons have been able to create offense consistently is Reggie/Dre PnRs, so at least Blake can create for himself and others. Desperately need more shooting though.